OHSU secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liquidshock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many questions does OHSU secondary have?
I am trying to add more schools before Oct. 15 and trying to find some good schools with "good" secondaries. :)

Members don't see this ad.

How many questions does OHSU secondary have?
I am trying to add more schools before Oct. 15 and trying to find some good schools with "good" secondaries. :)

Last year it was a single essay not to exceed one page in length. The topic was generally what personal characteristics and experiences have best prepared you for medicine. The second element was a chronology of your work, school, and activities for (I think) 5 years preceding medical school. It is possible that they will change it this year, but maybe this gives you the flavor of the secondary application. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year it was a single essay not to exceed one page in length. The topic was generally what personal characteristics and experiences have best prepared you for medicine. The second element was a chronology of your work, school, and activities for (I think) 5 years preceding medical school. It is possible that they will change it this year, but maybe this gives you the flavor of the secondary application. Good luck!

Nope it hasn't changed. The question was roughly "Describe your life experiences that you feel have prepared you for a career in medicine" (one page max).

how long after your AMCAS was verified did you receive the secondary? (do they screen?)

how long after your AMCAS was verified did you receive the secondary? (do they screen?)

It took three weeks for me. I think that they screen for numbers?

I just got my OHSU secondary invite in the MAIL (snail mail) yesterday. I was verified at AMCAS 9/11.

I've heard they are one of the sloooooower SOMs, so be patient!! :thumbup:

Does anyoneknow how long after they receive your completed secondary it takes to get a postcard confirmation in the mail?

Does anyoneknow how long after they receive your completed secondary it takes to get a postcard confirmation in the mail?

Same: 3-4 weeks for the postcard and another 4 weeks for an interview invite, even tho the post card says it could take 12 weeks