OHSU & University of WA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qwest

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
nm

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated from OHSU last year and interviewed at UW; so I have some insight. UW is a first tier medicine program. It's proram is very spread out and very large. It is a very competitive program. I was very impressed by my interview and Seattle is a great city.

OHSU is a very good second tier program. They seem to get better applicants than one would necessarily expect; I think this is because of their location in Portland. OHSU is a smaller program, I think there are 90 some odd categorical medicine residents in all three years. The two hospitals you work at are OHSU at the VA. They are connected by a sky bridge -- very convenient. OHSU is also expanding it's size. I liked OHSU and the medicine program and would have been happy to stay there; I matched at a program I ranked higher. Portland is also a great city, although a little more laid back than Seattle.

FYI- we had this thread going a little earlier (I want to say mid-nov?) You might want to check through the old threads to get more info- good luck! :)