OHSU vs USC vs Roseman

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairysupreme

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently been accepted to the following schools and I need to make a final decision. What are you guys opinions? I'm factoring Location, clinical skills, curriculum, student load (academically and financially)

Members don't see this ad.

If you're in-state for OHSU, it should be a no-brainer for tuition purposes. I'd personally choose OHSU even if you are OOS, because I think Portland is an awesome city. Roseman is the newest of the three and isn't as established, so I'd rule it out. USC's tuition is actually insane, so I couldn't justify it, even though the school does have a great reputation.

Location: OHSU (Portland) or USC (LA) win, depending on which is more appealing to you.

Clinical skills: any of the three will prepare you adequately. Roseman is the newest, but I've heard good things about it from students.

Curriculum: I'm not familiar with these specific schools, but look at which are P/F if that appeals to you (I'm pretty sure Roseman is P/F).

ADEA '17/'18 cost of attendance numbers (including living expenses):
USC: $469,159
OHSU: $385,563 (OOS)
Roseman: $467,766

Now that I looked up the numbers... Oregon is the clear choice

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
If you're in-state for OHSU, it should be a no-brainer for tuition purposes. I'd personally choose OHSU even if you are OOS, because I think Portland is an awesome city. Roseman is the newest of the three and isn't as established, so I'd rule it out. USC's tuition is actually insane, so I couldn't justify it, even though the school does have a great reputation.

Location: OHSU (Portland) or USC (LA) win, depending on which is more appealing to you.

Clinical skills: any of the three will prepare you adequately. Roseman is the newest, but I've heard good things about it from students.

Curriculum: I'm not familiar with these specific schools, but look at which are P/F if that appeals to you (I'm pretty sure Roseman is P/F).

ADEA '17/'18 cost of attendance numbers (including living expenses):
USC: $469,159
OHSU: $385,563 (OOS)
Roseman: $467,766

Now that I looked up the numbers... Oregon is the clear choice

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If am planning on applying to military/ device corps to cover cost of tuition. So if I do get that and tuition wasn't an issue. Would you say USC over OHSU then?

Members don't see this ad :)
If am planning on applying to military/ device corps to cover cost of tuition. So if I do get that and tuition wasn't an issue. Would you say USC over OHSU then?
It sounds like you want to go to USC, based on that question. If that's the case, and you have full-tuition from the military, then go for it! It ultimately comes down to what you place value on personally (i.e. it shouldn't matter to you that a random person on the internet likes Portland more than LA, lol). I'd be careful on gambling that you are going to get the military scholarship if you don't already have it, though. That stuff is pretty competitive, from what I understand.

Go where you will be happy and won't regret going! Good luck.

I would still go to OHSU over USC even if you plan on applying for HPSP. There is no guarantee you will get the scholarship. Forget about having a competitive CV and stellar stats to go with it, what if you had trouble clearing medical? I'm not saying it's impossible - I just think it's not something to bank on.