Ohsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

33Tchica

Weara flower in your hair
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How were you notified that you are being offered an interview?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey

I got a call from OHSU today, but I missed the call and there was no message?
What could it mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
They're calling people today? I gotta get out of this basement.

You should call them back, seriously!

hmph no 1?

I can't even reach anyone at OHSU to ask:(

Hey!
they called me a while back b/c there was something missing in my file (visa verification).. but, if your file has been completed for a while, maybe it is good news!

I know that they are hard to reach, but DEFINITELY leave a message for May. She usually calls back by the end of the day!

I received my interview invite by snail mail, but a friend of mine received a phone call first. She is local.

OHSU is vintage old school. They're also slow as your 99 year old grandma.

I got my letter invite for interview last year in mid november for a january 2nd interview. I also have classmates who interviewed as late as april who got in just fine. They work at a different pace then the rest of the world around here.

I completed my file back in september and still haven't hear from them? What can I do???? ?_? just wait...i wonder if i'm already on the rejected or hold pile?

I completed my file back in september and still haven't hear from them? What can I do???? ?_? just wait...i wonder if i'm already on the rejected or hold pile?

They first sent out interviews invites at the end of September and began interviewing mid-October. So, unlike schools that began reviewing and interviewing much earlier, a decision from OHSU should come later than others. Meaning, you're not in too bad of a position right now.

Also, does anyone know if OHSU calls for any other reasons?

I just got mine. You get it by snail mail... a really ****ty, impersonal and blunt letter.

There were no directions on how to get there, no hotel recomendations, no night before programs, no "stay with a student" programs. No nothing except "be here on one of these dates below"

Guess I am used to the Texas hospitality I got from all the schools down here...

I got an interview invite today via snail mail! I am oos and have been complete there for close to 2-3 months.

I just got mine. You get it by snail mail... a really ****ty, impersonal and blunt letter.

There were no directions on how to get there, no hotel recomendations, no night before programs, no "stay with a student" programs. No nothing except "be here on one of these dates below"

Guess I am used to the Texas hospitality I got from all the schools down here...

Once you pick a date they send you another packet that has all (or at least most of those things) that you mentioned. It comes very soon after you choose a date.

OHSU is vintage old school.

They are one of the few admin offices left that encorporate virtually no email communication. Almost everything is done by snail mail or occasionally phone.

Regarding admissions communication, they are where other schools were in 1989. Brings up a thought though: If the admin office is truely representative of their school, what if you showed up for the interview and the whole place was all retro 80's. Like all the clothing/hair styles, and everyone was walking around with one of those boom boxes blasting Van Halen or something. I would so go there. At least until when I would see that all the hospital's equipment is oldschool "big boxes and knobs" style.

All of the above items mentioned are included in a second letter after you've scheduled an actual date. Despite your initial impressions, the people are really nice at OHSU :)

I get that OHSU is slow, but I was complete in mid October and they just (postmarked early December) sent me that postcard to let me know that I was complete. I'd tried calling the office for about two weeks before I got a response that told me to be expecting the pc soon. Is that unusually slow, even for OHSU ?