OK Experts ---- WAMC with this school list ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Putkernerinthehall

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! Looking for some advice on my school list below. (Re-posting
  1. Clinical: ~500 hours as volunteer, hospital setting, direct contact with patients
  2. Research: ~1500 hours wet lab research, multiple years, one mid-author publication, one poster presentation
  3. Shadowing: ~40 hours.
  4. Non-clinical volunteering: ~160 hours, some to underserved population
Here is what I'm thinking for a school list:

UCD
Kaiser
CalU Med
UC Irvine
Albany
New York Medical College
Eastern Virginia
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Medical College Wisconsin
Colorado
George Washington
Tufts
SLU
Emory
Miami
Einstein
Rochester
Hofstra
Dartmouth
NYU.LI
Creighton
Netter
My mods to your list above .

Get in more service to others less fortunate than yourself

Members don't see this ad :)
With the information I have provided, any feedback regarding my proposed school list as shown in original post ?
I get you want to protect your anonymity but at least give a decent approximation of what you did and for how many hours. That way people can actually answer your question?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you as well. I agree that while "shadowing" may be a little lower than par, it does include some primary care. I hope it's closer to the majority of your hours (like at least 20 hours) on top of which you can try to supplement once you get the chance. 500 hours of clinical volunteering could hopefully address any concerns. I agree with @Goro that doing more community service volunteering will help you, especially where you are not teaching or tutoring (too many premeds do this and it won't help you stand out).

Reactions: 2 users