SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ok guys what do you think ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by calipaww, Aug 22, 2002.

1. calipaww

calipaww Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 25, 2002
    i am a cali applicant and for some reason Im getting really nervous about my application. see i am a reapplicant and these are my stats 3.47 sci , 3.54 overall and mcat s are 8V, 10P, 9 B Q the first time, and 8 V 8PS and 11 B Q the second time . last year i interviewed at northwestern and nymc and i was waitlisted at nymc. i guess im sort of doubting my chances for next yr. i di not take the mcat again after people strongly advised against it??? what does the general public think? do i have a chance?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. none

none 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    Did you apply to Finch? Did you apply to some osteopathic schools? Your success is going to be determined by where you apply. Apply to more schools like NYMC and, if you can't afford it, less like Northwestern.
  4. moo

moo 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Just curious did you get waitlisted by northwestern?
  5. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 27, 2002
    New York
    how many schools did you apply to? how many interviews did you get.
    so long as you are landing interviews, I think you're in the running, its all about closing that interview. Apply to more schools - I know people on this board are applying to like 25-30 (especially Cali residents given the competitiveness of the state school system there)
  6. kenfused

kenfused Senior Member Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Jun 24, 2002
    SDN Partner
    Your GPA is quite good, and I think the MCATs are just about there... I agree, that if you are getting interviews, that's a good thing. Now you need to focus on applying to schools in similar "tiers" as the ones you interviewed at before, esp. ones who you haven't applied to in the past.