ok, I'm DONE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedChic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I said I wasn't going to post anymore until this thing was over, but I can't help myself...I've spent the past 1.5 hrs "reading" my notes. I then tried to do a couple of bio passages but I'm too nauseated to keep at it.

5 more days. I am so heartsick and obsessed with getting this thing behind me already that it is bordering on indifference instead of panic and rabid studying.

i know i know +pity+

oh what to do to make the time go by faster.....every minute of not studying is filled with guilt, while every minute of studying is filled with frustration and misery....this must be what hell feels like

+pity+ +pity+ +pity+ +pity+ +pity+ +pity+ +pity+ +pity+

Members don't see this ad.

Touche medchic. I am BURNT OUT with ya. Still though, my guilt prevails and I read 3 chem chapters today. someone help us

Also would like to note that my practice scores are going down. I heard this is not uncommon during the last stretch. ? How are yours?

So I said I wasn't going to post anymore until this thing was over, but I can't help myself...I've spent the past 1.5 hrs "reading" my notes. I then tried to do a couple of bio passages but I'm too nauseated to keep at it.

5 more days. I am so heartsick and obsessed with getting this thing behind me already that it is bordering on indifference instead of panic and rabid studying.

i know i know +pity+

oh what to do to make the time go by faster.....every minute of not studying is filled with guilt, while every minute of studying is filled with frustration and misery....this must be what hell feels like

Don't feel bad MedChic. SDN is perfect for those 5-10-(-45) minute :)laugh: ) breaks that you SHOULD take throughout studying. I'm pretty sick of it too... but I keep writing little notes to myself on scratch paper that keep me going... like, my name with "MD, PhD" after it, or, "biophysicists NEVER QUIT!" or other silly things that I'll keep to myself, but help me break through the wall... along with my red bull. :smuggrin:

C'MON GUYS... LAST WEEKEND (Assuming 4/7, of course...)... MAKE THIS ONE COUNT... whether it's your 1st or your 5th, MAKE IT YOUR LAST MCAT!!!

(If you're taking the MCAT later on, please refer back to this message the weekend before you take it.)

Ok. Back to the books.

Later!!!!!!!!!!!

MSTPbound

Members don't see this ad :)
I cant wait for that feeling of just being done. Granted that I will have those ~28 days of wondering and hoping. However, I will not be studying much of anything except my TV and my Grill Bible. (< For BBQ secrets :)

i know i know +pity+

+pity+ +pity+ +pity+ +pity+ +pity+ +pity+ +pity+ +pity+
Start working on your AMCAS essay, asking profs for LORs, and reading through the MSAR. That way you can submit AMCAS in June.

Good luck, April people. :luck:

Head up medchic! and everyone else...

7 more days is all we have (hopefully).

Think about it this way... if you don't give it your all now, you might have to do it ALL over again ... haha that's what motivates me, so that I never EVER have to do this damn thing over.

disclaimer: if i have to take it over no one is allowed to bring this post back up.

Think about it this way... if you don't give it your all now, you might have to do it ALL over again ... haha that's what motivates me, so that I never EVER have to do this damn thing over.

disclaimer: if i have to take it over no one is allowed to bring this post back up.

this is not going to happen with your practice scores, unless they cancel the test:laugh: :luck:

Thanks guys,
I feel a bit better now...sigh
I took a 3 HOUR break...yea, I know blasphemy...well, W/E at least now I'm refreshed for tomorrow's FL and a nice 5 days of 10 hr stretches in the library :D

Diverdoc, to answer your question, I feel like I peaked in Verbal and Physical Sciences about 2 weeks ago and have gone down about 2 points in each (12 to 10 in Verbal and 11 to 10-9 in Phys), Bio went up to a 13 b/c I reviewed it consistently.
It's funny because I cannot keep scores on all 3 sections consistently on the same level which annoys the heck out of me.

MSTPbound...you're right this is the last stretch, I want to do my best not to take this test EVER again!

QofQuimica, we'll take all the :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: we can get!!

Unless your having particular difficulties with test-taking skills (timing, stamina, etc.), I would recommend stopping the FLs and doing more focused practice on your weak points. All the practice in the world won't help if you can't remember that particular physics formula on test day. Just my two cents.

One other piece of advice: try not to evaluate your performance while you're taking the test. It's very hard to avoid, but it will really slow you down.

I'm so glad I never have to take that test again. Hopefully it'll be a one time thing for all of you as well. Good luck.

Dude, killinsound, I would KILL for your scores!!
I'm sure you'll do superbly

Dude, killinsound, I would KILL for your scores!!
I'm sure you'll do superbly

Don't give him TOO many props... he might start to get nervous.

C'mon killinsound... 40? Is that it? is that the BEST you can do??? Now quit slackin' off and show us what you're REALLY made of... and do it in exactly ONE WEEK from today.;)

Anyway, back to EK bio 1001. Man, I can't believe how much content I've been letting slip through my fingers... that I thought I had down cold. I'm extremely grateful for Kaplan, but this stuff (EK) sure is exposing some weaknesses I didn't realize I had.

Ok... this is my only post for the day... see you tomorrow SDN!!!

:thumbup:MSTPbound

The title of this one seemed to fit so nicely...

I am BEAT. It's 4 AM, and I am ready to go home. I'm in a college library in New York City, and I've been here since 1 PM (yesterday). I've got a one hour train ride home since I live in another borough (and that promises to be an interesting ride at these twilight hours in this part of town.

In any case, I accomplished my goal... finished three of the eight chapters in EK 1001 Bio. This will be my last LATE night/EARLY morning study marathon.

When I wake up in 9 hours, my goals will be:

1. Complete an EK VR 101 test
2. Complete at least 2 (if not 3) more chapters in EK 1001 Bio
3. Start reviewing 100 Bazillion pages of personal notes I took while studying, in Kaplan classes, and on the 500 quazillion errors I made on practice exams :laugh: , and what not.

I will definitely take another practice exam - or two - this week... Kind of hard to relax completely.

I think as the week winds down though, it's probably best to start playing with flashcards (again), skimming through notes, making sure everything's "consolidated", maybe solving a couple hundred orgo problems (I actually enjoy this...) and following the excellent advice of a friend, trying to relax a little bit. Might even pick up a copy of the New Yorker or the Economist to help that relaxation process a little. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How does that compare with the rest of you guys' plans???

PS: Didn't realize this was my 100th post - it'll be a memorable one for me. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The title of this one seemed to fit so nicely...

I am BEAT. It's 4 AM, and I am ready to go home. I'm in a college library in New York City, and I've been here since 1 PM (yesterday). I've got a one hour train ride home since I live in another borough (and that promises to be an interesting ride at these twilight hours in this part of town.

In any case, I accomplished my goal... finished three of the eight chapters in EK 1001 Bio. This will be my last LATE night/EARLY morning study marathon.

When I wake up in 9 hours, my goals will be:

1. Complete an EK VR 101 test
2. Complete at least 2 (if not 3) more chapters in EK 1001 Bio
3. Start reviewing 100 Bazillion pages of personal notes I took while studying, in Kaplan classes, and on the 500 quazillion errors I made on practice exams :laugh: , and what not.

I will definitely take another practice exam - or two - this week... Kind of hard to relax completely.

I think as the week winds down though, it's probably best to start playing with flashcards (again), skimming through notes, making sure everything's "consolidated", maybe solving a couple hundred orgo problems (I actually enjoy this...) and following the excellent advice of a friend, trying to relax a little bit. Might even pick up a copy of the New Yorker or the Economist to help that relaxation process a little. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How does that compare with the rest of you guys' plans???

PS: Didn't realize this was my 100th post - it'll be a memorable one for me. :)

NEVERMIND guys. I feel destroyed and miserable today. That practice VR didn't go very well. I'm not even going to bother with this other junk I was planning on doing. I picked up a movie from the video store. I know; hang me, I'm evil. I just can't anymore. I'm going to watch the movie, call it an early night, and try to get my brain recovered enough to have just one reasonable practice test this week.

I'm totally resonating with MedChic's "nausea" of days ago. I can't even see straight.

Hope you are all feeling better than I am right now. :(

I hear ya man. I did little today, and honestly, I dont care. I did 3 VR passages, 3 BS passages and read 4 chem chapters. Im calling it quits, Im exhausted.

I am going to study until the 10th of April (taking the 12th). I honestly dont think that I am going to understand anymore science knowledge or VR skills in that time. Im doing it simply for the fact that it will allow me to walk in there with more CONFIDENCE, which will hopefully do wonders.

I am going to study until the 10th of April (taking the 12th). I honestly dont think that I am going to understand anymore science knowledge or VR skills in that time. Im doing it simply for the fact that it will allow me to walk in there with more CONFIDENCE, which will hopefully do wonders.

Haha that sounds like my logic all the way!
Seriously, you can't learn the foundations in 3 days. If you don't get it, pray that the superficial knowledge on the subject will carry you through...or that you won't get passages on that topic...It's like me and lenses...I took physics 2 in the summer, we never covered the topic. Therefore, I know almost nothing about lenses. Even though I attempted to learn ray diagrams I'm still confused when it comes to all that focal point nonsense.

NEVERMIND guys. I feel destroyed and miserable today. That practice VR didn't go very well. I'm not even going to bother with this other junk I was planning on doing. I picked up a movie from the video store. I know; hang me, I'm evil. I just can't anymore. I'm going to watch the movie, call it an early night, and try to get my brain recovered enough to have just one reasonable practice test this week.

I'm totally resonating with MedChic's "nausea" of days ago. I can't even see straight.

Hope you are all feeling better than I am right now. :(

:barf:

Let it out...let it out, MSTPbound...

Best of luck. I can imagine what you're going through. I still have a year before I take the MCAT, but studying for me will begin this summer. Hopefully you can get through the "down moods" and refresh your brain. I know I'll be in the same situation this time next year!

come on guys!!! 4 more days of studying is all we have (assuming everyone is taking friday off)

we can do it

Good enough. Today wasn't a TOTAL waste, but in the morning I'll start thinking about how to best utilize these next four days. You know killinsound... I think I know the secret to your awesome practice scores... did you say you usually sleep 9 hours per night?! No fair! You actually have full access to your brain!:idea:

Let me see if I can work on that this week... might even be more useful than any extra bio content!

Cheers,

MSTPbound

Good enough. Today wasn't a TOTAL waste, but in the morning I'll start thinking about how to best utilize these next four days. You know killinsound... I think I know the secret to your awesome practice scores... did you say you usually sleep 9 hours per night?! No fair! You actually have full access to your brain!:idea:

Let me see if I can work on that this week... might even be more useful than any extra bio content!

Cheers,

MSTPbound

yeah.... keyword usually

ive been getting alot less these past 2 days because of ... ????

we'll see if i can't get some back tonight with the aid of some lunesta... im going to take lunesta the night before the MCAT and the night before that. (dont worry ive tried it on my finals)