ok, nursing then dentistry? or music/predent?help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giannibali

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody...I just wanted to say thatI'm really glad i found this awesome website, how resourceful this is to many confused ppl out there!! (including me :))kay back to the subject...my question is this; My plan was to pursue a degree and continue to dent school. Not to brag but i am quite an accomplished pianist and have a passion for music, but i chose to put that aside and seek nursing. Why I chose nursing was because of the immediate money and job opportunities, but SERIously not looking forward to growing old and tired as a nurse-and-a-mom-look. Nursing and dentistry is completely opposite careers i am aware of so. One advantage to nursing is if I'm not accepted to dent school i can fall back on nursing. (I'm an average student with quite busy music performances that take up much time :eek :) Doing music performance, BA with pre-dent won't give me immediate money...but should I consider that instead? Maybe this question is to vague but i'll just give it a shot... :) thanks everyone for your time :D

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest that you discuss your plans with the premedical-predental advisor at La Sierra.

Dr. Roy Kryger
Chemistry Department/Palmer Hall 232
909 785 2532 FAX: 909 785 2144
[email protected]

What is your career goal? If you want to be a dentist eventually, I don't think you should waste your time on nursing. yes, doing nursing will give you more financial support, but it's quite different field than dentistry. You can always take on loans or other work for money.
If you're serious about dentistry, your BA in music is a great choice !! I was also a violinist.. played for ~15 yr. :) It was pretty hard to drop violin performance, but once i made my decision to go for dentistry, everything else seem easier

Good Luck

-dreamfish