ok, so what do I do now??

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amrod07

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, up until a few weeks ago I was completely freaked out that I wasn't gonna get in to any optom schools and if that happened I had no clue what I would do....but now...I am completely confused...
I applied to and interviewed at PCO, Ohio State, and Newenco. I like all of them for different reasons. For example, Ohio state had that big campus feel and feels so much like Pitt where I am doin my undergrad...then there was PCO with its awesome facilities, and then there was Boston...which is an incredible city and the school was like something out of Harry Potter's Hogwarts...it was surreal!

I got accepted to all three.

How can I choose?? What do I do now??? Anyone have any advice???

amrod07:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Well, you really do have to decide which one you would really feel good at for the next four years.

You also need to look at cost (but that shouldn't be your only deciding factor). I decided on UHCO because I had instate tuition and friends and family, even though I liked SCCO's facilities better. I really do like the curriculum at UHCO and I loved the people I met at SCCO. I just couldn't see myself going over 120k in debt to go to optometry school there.

Members don't see this ad :)
PCO is a great school, you'll love it here :)

You can't go wrong with OSU. They don't have a 92-100% first time passage rate on Part I of the optometry boards the last 10 yrs or so for nothing- the quality of the professors is excellent, especially Dr. Earley, who you will have for head & neck and ocular anatomy as well as histology. The campus may look like a dump compared with some other schools, but there are projects underway to clean it up. The classrooms aren't the best (which I'm sure you noticed during the interview), but it is a very good school. GO BUCKS!