Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Ok to call AACOMAS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by JennieLeigh, Jun 14, 2002.

1. JennieLeigh

JennieLeigh Member

Is it okay to call and see if your transcripts arrived?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member

Of course it is! :) In fact, you probably should call. I think I will call next week.

4. npdoc28

npdoc28 Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I called probably ten times about my transcripts. That's what they're there for. :)

5. s2o0o

s2o0o Member

i would highly suggest calling AACOMAS. last year when i applied, i was told it takes about 8-10 weeks to process my application so i didn't want to bother them but when 3 months had passed and i hadn't gotten a single DO secondary, i finally called them and was told that i was missing a transcript. i was MAD...it should have been their job to notify me if i was in fact missing a transcript (i know AMCAS does). so they simply had my application sitting in a file drawer. who knows how long it was sitting there for and how much longer it would have sat? to make things worse, it turns out that AACOMAS actually HAD all of my transcripts and it was their screw-up...but who knows, their screw-up may have cost me getting in school for the year (it didn't but it easily could have!). so CALL THEM and BUG THEM. make them do their job correctly because they still need to get their acts together. just my two cents. :)

6. npdoc28

npdoc28 Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I agree. If I didn't keep calling, It would have added weeks to my application process. I had to have my schools that I took courses send my transcripts twice. I don't know if it was my school or AACOMAS's problem, but because I bugged them it only took about 6-8 weeks before I was receiving secondaries.