akimhaneul

2+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Would it be a bad idea to just use the exact same amcas work and activities for submitting primary if you are a reapplicant ? None of those activities changed since last year so I really don't know how I can change it up. I'm pretty sure I didn't get rejected for those.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

el_duderino

Some men play tennis, I erode the human soul
7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yes, but hopefully something has changed since your last application....

Also, if you're a reapplicant, why are you applying so late?

OP
A

akimhaneul

2+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Yes, but hopefully something has changed since your last application....

Also, if you're a reapplicant, why are you applying so late?

So I can just use same exact one word for word pretty much? My main weakness was mcat so my activities are pretty much same.

I know it's late but I'm giving it a try.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Would it be a bad idea to just use the exact same amcas work and activities for submitting primary if you are a reapplicant ? None of those activities changed since last year so I really don't know how I can change it up. I'm pretty sure I didn't get rejected for those.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I wouldn't. Even if the descriptions are still accurate, it could project laziness if they compare them and see that they're identical. And get those applications in...time's ticking!

Reactions: gyngyn

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
So I can just use same exact one word for word pretty much? My main weakness was mcat so my activities are pretty much same.

I know it's late but I'm giving it a try.
That ridiculous and all you will likely do is make yourself a 3rd time reapplicant applying this la Not changing/refreshing your entire application as a reapplicant is a very bad idea as a school may pull your previous application and see you havent changed anything? what does that say to an adcom? what does it say your are applying so late?

Many medical schools offer specific pages of advice for reapplicants, something I find few students look into. This would be true whether or not you are a specific reapplicant to that school. Below are links to a few and please note most say the most common mistake among reapplicants is applying again too soon

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/should-i-do-a-masters-in-my-gap-year-wamc-advice-please.1191695/#post-17595427