OK to put summer activities on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. H

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

Just wondering what to do, I'm shadowing a doctor starting June 15, and I'm not sure whether to hold out on my application for a little while and put down on post-secondary experiences that I am shadowing? Or should I wait until secondaries and just attach a piece of paper with my updated activities for the summer? What do most people do about updating the school about summer activities and grades?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait a couple days. A few days are not going ot make a difference anyway

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, so maybe wait a little, and the write down what it is I'm doing? But it seems like it would be hard to write down what I have LEARNED from the experience since I would've have only been doing it for a very short time.
what do u think?

trust me that you will learn something. I shadowed a doc and he was telling me about the diseases the patients were having. We looked at some MRI's and X-rays and he said what is what in there. It was a good experience. Some docs will talk a lot and some will not depending on the number of patients they are seeing that day.

I actually shadowed four different people during a week. 2-3 hours every day during a week. I wish I had more time to do it but my professor from lab said that one week sould be enough to get an impression of how a physician works. I would deffinetly wait until the 15-th to submit your application. I do not think that AMCAS will even have it ready until then so my not loose any time.

thanks man, I'll probably late, but let's just presume that I do not. Would I send an update letter along with secondaries, or seperately?
thanks