dopaminesurge

My friends calls me Steve
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2005
Under your bed
Status
I've managed to complete a couple of secondaries in Ethiopia so far, but the majority lie ahead of me. Ok, first question - UCSD: WTF? How long is this thing supposed to me, actually? 2 pages single-spaced is ABSURDLY long for a poor adcom to read, but 2-paged-double-spaced-condensed-into-the-page-below is ABSURDLY short for, you know, an autobiography of my life. So the first choice seems unreasonable, and I'm led to believe I'm supposed to write a single page, single-spaced, and paste it below where the prompt is. Is this what everyone else thinks?
Also, what topics are you guys covering? What a cryptic prompt.

Also, UCI: anyone else having trouble accessing the site?

Oh, and anyone receive UCSF yet?

swtiepie711

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Status
Medical Student
UCSD - I wrote about 1.3 pages, single spaced. I covered major activities/events in my life, but mainly related to my educational career (didn't delve into my wedding, my sorority life, etc.).

UCI - No problems accessing, submitted with no problems to speak of

UCSF - Yup :)

For the UCs, I've also received/submitted Davis and UCLA

About the Ads

swtiepie711

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Don't let it get you down yet! It's still so early in the game & depends on so many factors (when you submitted your amcas, when it was verified, when they received it, when they decided to send out any secondaries, etc.) Chin up!

deluca07

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
how were you notified for ucd and ucla? and, when did you get these? thanks
:rolleyes:
swtiepie711 said:
UCSD - I wrote about 1.3 pages, single spaced. I covered major activities/events in my life, but mainly related to my educational career (didn't delve into my wedding, my sorority life, etc.).

UCI - No problems accessing, submitted with no problems to speak of

UCSF - Yup :)

For the UCs, I've also received/submitted Davis and UCLA

iceman77_7

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Medical Student
deluca07 said:
how were you notified for ucd and ucla? and, when did you get these? thanks
:rolleyes:
I just got an email from UCD inviting me to fill out the secondary.

Wannabemed

10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2006
Status
UCLA did not send me an email notification...I just checked online and it said 'secondary requested'.

OP
dopaminesurge

dopaminesurge

My friends calls me Steve
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2005
Under your bed
Status
Wannabemed said:
UCLA did not send me an email notification...I just checked online and it said 'secondary requested'.
Yeah, me too. UCSF's the one I'm waiting on, but snce I got interviewed and turned down last year, I'm not too hopeful. Anyway, for UCLA - does this remain true throguhout, or will I get an email if I get an interview?

do I have to keep checking the status page? Are they really so lazy?

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
dopaminesurge said:
Yeah, me too. UCSF's the one I'm waiting on, but snce I got interviewed and turned down last year, I'm not too hopeful. Anyway, for UCLA - does this remain true throguhout, or will I get an email if I get an interview?

do I have to keep checking the status page? Are they really so lazy?
You'll also get snail mail if you get an interview. It's best to just keep checking the status page. The schools does not use e-mail for the admissions process. Lame, I know. :laugh:

About the Ads