Ok, UCSD and UCI, anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dopaminesurge

My friends calls me Steve
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've managed to complete a couple of secondaries in Ethiopia so far, but the majority lie ahead of me. Ok, first question - UCSD: WTF? How long is this thing supposed to me, actually? 2 pages single-spaced is ABSURDLY long for a poor adcom to read, but 2-paged-double-spaced-condensed-into-the-page-below is ABSURDLY short for, you know, an autobiography of my life. So the first choice seems unreasonable, and I'm led to believe I'm supposed to write a single page, single-spaced, and paste it below where the prompt is. Is this what everyone else thinks?
Also, what topics are you guys covering? What a cryptic prompt.

Also, UCI: anyone else having trouble accessing the site?

Oh, and anyone receive UCSF yet?

Members don't see this ad.

UCSD - I wrote about 1.3 pages, single spaced. I covered major activities/events in my life, but mainly related to my educational career (didn't delve into my wedding, my sorority life, etc.).

UCI - No problems accessing, submitted with no problems to speak of

UCSF - Yup :)

For the UCs, I've also received/submitted Davis and UCLA

Members don't see this ad :)
Wannabemed said:
no worries, dopaminesurge, I didn't get a secondary from UCSF (yet?) either

yeah, still hoping for UCSF.

Don't let it get you down yet! It's still so early in the game & depends on so many factors (when you submitted your amcas, when it was verified, when they received it, when they decided to send out any secondaries, etc.) Chin up!

how were you notified for ucd and ucla? and, when did you get these? thanks
:rolleyes:
swtiepie711 said:
UCSD - I wrote about 1.3 pages, single spaced. I covered major activities/events in my life, but mainly related to my educational career (didn't delve into my wedding, my sorority life, etc.).

UCI - No problems accessing, submitted with no problems to speak of

UCSF - Yup :)

For the UCs, I've also received/submitted Davis and UCLA

deluca07 said:
how were you notified for ucd and ucla? and, when did you get these? thanks
:rolleyes:

I just got an email from UCD inviting me to fill out the secondary.

UCLA did not send me an email notification...I just checked online and it said 'secondary requested'.

Wannabemed said:
UCLA did not send me an email notification...I just checked online and it said 'secondary requested'.

Yeah, me too. UCSF's the one I'm waiting on, but snce I got interviewed and turned down last year, I'm not too hopeful. Anyway, for UCLA - does this remain true throguhout, or will I get an email if I get an interview?

do I have to keep checking the status page? Are they really so lazy?

dopaminesurge said:
Yeah, me too. UCSF's the one I'm waiting on, but snce I got interviewed and turned down last year, I'm not too hopeful. Anyway, for UCLA - does this remain true throguhout, or will I get an email if I get an interview?

do I have to keep checking the status page? Are they really so lazy?

You'll also get snail mail if you get an interview. It's best to just keep checking the status page. The schools does not use e-mail for the admissions process. Lame, I know. :laugh: