Okay to Call/Email for Application Status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deeps005

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of calling/emailing the admissions office to find out if you got in or not? I know I should be hearing from some of the schools I applied to sometime this week, but I really want to know if I got in or not now. Does anyone have any experience from previous application cycles with calling/emailing to find out if you got in or not? Do they give this sort of information out over the phone and email? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

good lord,

seems like we discuss this questions every other day.

guys, just call tomorrow. it ok.

no really.

Yes, most schools will give this info out over the phone. I plan on calling tomorrow, I think most schools expect it and some encourage it.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, that was three quick replies

yea, those were some quick replys...i guess i'm calling tomorrow...hopefully I'll have some good news to report...

i am scared to call...

calling is too freaky. That sucks for the lady on the other end if she has to give you bad news. I wouldnt want to be in her shoes.

I think I'd be better off just waiting by the mailbox.

I can't call because I'm soooo worried that if like the secretary is having a bad day, she may just like check my name off the ?nice-call? list...ohh the humanity...thank god I applied to all of those chiropractic schools as a fall back! (j/k, of course).

On a related note is anyone else here looking into getting an MBA or has one allready?

Originally posted by Rezdawg
calling is too freaky. That sucks for the lady on the other end if she has to give you bad news. I wouldnt want to be in her shoes.

I think I'd be better off just waiting by the mailbox.
I hate to sound callous, but do you really think it'll mean anything to her? She has to much else to worry about to let one information call affect her day.