Okay...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASU2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm a sophomore non science major, and haven't taken any pre med courses yet. I am trying to figure out whether I should start taking them next semester, and continue through with them until I graduate. Or just wait to take them, and do a pre med post bacc program. In order to complete all the pre med classes by the time i graduate I will have to do 2 each semester, in addition to my major classes, seems like a bit much.
Will not taking any of these classes in undergrad show a lack of interest to med schools? Should I do some now and then just take the rest after I graduate?

Just looking for a little guidance, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend starting your classes. Some Biology classes can probably be done over the summer btw.

Okay, so I'm a sophomore non science major, and haven't taken any pre med courses yet. I am trying to figure out whether I should start taking them next semester, and continue through with them until I graduate. Or just wait to take them, and do a pre med post bacc program. In order to complete all the pre med classes by the time i graduate I will have to do 2 each semester, in addition to my major classes, seems like a bit much.
Will not taking any of these classes in undergrad show a lack of interest to med schools? Should I do some now and then just take the rest after I graduate?

Just looking for a little guidance, thanks

2 science classes per semester is completely do-able.

But for a Scum Devil.....I dunno.... :D

Members don't see this ad :)
2 science classes per semester is completely do-able.

But for a Scum Devil.....I dunno.... :D

WHOA! Low blow. Did you go to UofA or something?

And about taking summer classes. I've heard many people say not to take summer classes, would a bio over summer be much more manageable? Or are summer classes not as challenging as some make them out to be?

And about taking summer classes. I've heard many people say not to take summer classes, would a bio over summer be much more manageable? Or are summer classes not as challenging as some make them out to be?

Yup, class of 2010 and a die-hard fan of my #9 ranked Wildcats! :D

I would recommend starting your classes. Some Biology classes can probably be done over the summer btw.

Yup, class of 2010 and a die-hard fan of my #9 ranked Wildcats! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjjhVL6Ee2Y
:D