Oklahoma pharmacist kills armed robber, saves the lives of his staff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's definitely harsh, but so was going back and pummeling five more bullets

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
verdict is correct, but sentence is too harsh. life in prison if it was cold blooded murder flat out. But he had extenuating circumstances, so the punishment should be reduced. I think 5-20 would be more fitting.
Absolutely agree. He is being punished the same way as if he was the one walking into the pharmacy, pulling out a gun to rob the place, and killing the pharmacist. Very sad story for everybody involved :thumbdown:

I'm too lazy to dig up the previous thread on the whole case , but I agree with what the above poster said. It's hard to believe that the robber, being already shot in the head, presented enough of a threat to be shot another 5 times in "self defense."

Overall it's really an unfortunate situation. Not everyone can act rational in the heat of the moment.

Total, bull----. It is a shame that someone didn't just "lose the tape" and do society a favor before all the bleeding hearts started yapping about it and making a point of going against everything the honorable Charles Bronson stood for. The kid got what he had comin' to him. Period.

Members don't see this ad :)
Total, bull----. It is a shame that someone didn't just "lose the tape" and do society a favor before all the bleeding hearts started yapping about it and making a point of going against everything the honorable Charles Bronson stood for. The kid got what he had comin' to him. Period.

That is not the other side of the world thinks.

I don't ****ing believe it. He goes to jail for life, Casey Anthony goes free. I would have reacted in a similar way, except I would have reloaded the same gun, not gotten a bigger gun.

Casey Anthony is free because there was little if any evidence that she killed the baby or if it was even murdered. The drowning story was every bit as possible as the prosecutions. There was video of this guy executing the robber

And if you act like you say you would in a similar situation I look forward to praising your life sentence on SDN.

That is not the other side of the world thinks.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. From a legal perspective the rph should have known better and played by the rules of society even if they are flawed, but I mean seriously does anyone deep down have a problem with the outcome of what the pharmacist did or give a s--- that one more piece of scum is gone? I mean, c'mon...

Live by the sword, die by the sword. From a legal perspective the rph should have known better and played by the rules of society even if they are flawed, but I mean seriously does anyone deep down have a problem with the outcome of what the pharmacist did or give a s--- that one more piece of scum is gone? I mean, c'mon...

i think im in the minority here, but i still think many of us do not know how we would have reacted. I think the punishment he received is an injustice. Im disgusted by the whole situation.

i think im in the minority here, but i still think many of us do not know how we would have reacted. I think the punishment he received is an injustice. Im disgusted by the whole situation.

I think you make a fair point, but let me ask you anyway - how many guns do you keep behind the counter? Is it more than one? And why change weapons anyway? Makes little sense to me. I do think the sentence is way overboard, but we all know with appeals, good behavior, etc. he will end up doing much less.

I think you make a fair point, but let me ask you anyway - how many guns do you keep behind the counter? Is it more than one? And why change weapons anyway? Makes little sense to me. I do think the sentence is way overboard, but we all know with appeals, good behavior, etc. he will end up doing much less.

Too many to count...

I call false dichotomy. :p

Not at all.

If you ask me,

"Anthony, would rather be dead or in jail?" I'd respond, "In jail."

Since, well, jail is temporary (See: everyone else who gets out with time served or good behavior blah blah blah) and death is rather permanent, as far as I can tell.

Being dead just sucks. I think, anyway. At least in jail I could use my chemistry skills to whip up some great concoctions to sell on the cellblock and build my own jailhouse Pfizer empire. If I was dead? I'd just be dead.

Not at all.

If you ask me,

"Anthony, would rather be dead or in jail?" I'd respond, "In jail."

Since, well, jail is temporary (See: everyone else who gets out with time served or good behavior blah blah blah) and death is rather permanent, as far as I can tell.

Being dead just sucks. I think, anyway. At least in jail I could use my chemistry skills to whip up some great concoctions to sell on the cellblock and build my own jailhouse Pfizer empire. If I was dead? I'd just be dead.

But are those the only two options available?

Too many to count...
I always thought about having some kind of trap door if I owned a store. Hit some kind of button and the floor falls out and they're stuck at the bottom until the cops get there. Does your store have a basement?

I always thought about having some kind of trap door if I owned a store. Hit some kind of button and the floor falls out and they're stuck at the bottom until the cops get there. Does your store have a basement?

We have a dungeon where the narcos are kept if they talk back...

jk, no, no basement.