Old Dental Deck ok for NBDE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

late2thegame108

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bought dental decks from an upperclassman without asking the year. I think they're 2006 from the box, is that too old to use if I'm taking the exam this summer?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should be ok, I used 2009 version from an upperclassman, I don't think the information really changes to much. I studied for about a week using the dentaldecks and supplemented with a few resources from class and some youtube videos and did fine.

While I think that '06 might be pushing it (the earliest edition my classmates used was '09), I didn't find decks that helpful. I primarily used my lecture notes to pass part 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used '09 or '11 decks. Just run through it once or twice and you'll be okay.

Using dental decks was a waste of my time for studying for the boards. I would get the NBDE app and try and focus on the questions and knowledge provided through that

Reactions: 1 user
Using dental decks was a waste of my time for studying for the boards. I would get the NBDE app and try and focus on the questions and knowledge provided through that

There's a few different apps. Which one(s) did you find useful?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user