Old Goljan Notes (black and white) any good for the exam now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phd89

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Along with the audio floating around he has the notes that he gave out to students. Among them are the 100 page hi-yield then there are the supplemental and 36 pg hi-yield notes.

Are any of these worth studying looking at before the exam they seem really old so I would think the hi-yield content of the exam has changed. But I do remember someone mentioning they read the 36 pg hi-yield notes and found them to be point on for their exam recently.

Should I spend a day a read through any or just forget them . Also what about the blue side notes in his book is that worth reading the week of the exam?

Any recent test-takers please give feedback?

Members don't see this ad.

Along with the audio floating around he has the notes that he gave out to students. Among them are the 100 page hi-yield then there are the supplemental and 36 pg hi-yield notes.

Are any of these worth studying looking at before the exam they seem really old so I would think the hi-yield content of the exam has changed. But I do remember someone mentioning they read the 36 pg hi-yield notes and found them to be point on for their exam recently.

Should I spend a day a read through any or just forget them . Also what about the blue side notes in his book is that worth reading the week of the exam?

Any recent test-takers please give feedback?

Yup they are still highly relevant for Step 1.
Would definitely look through them, alot of my q's could be answered solely with these 36pages.

That said, Goljan Audio is also great but its only great in that last week before your exam when you have already reviewed FA x 3 etc. Whats great about the audio isnt all the details he tells you, because at that point you already know them all, whats great at this point is that he tells you the way they formulate questions based on these details. That is super high yield, because you might have all the information but he gives you familiarity with how they ask it.