Old MCAT resources for new MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medaholic Dr

Houston, we've a problem !
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Forum,
I've TPRH Science and Verbal workbook for the old MCAT. Is it worthy enough to practice for the new MCAT? I appreciate your any inputs. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Forum,
I've TPRH Science and Verbal workbook for the old MCAT. Is it worthy enough to practice for the new MCAT? I appreciate your any inputs. Thanks in advance.
Hey dude, I am also preparing for the 2015 MCAT. Those workbooks will be helpful, but I think you should invest in new materials for Biochemistry and the Sociology/Psych section. I really like Princeton Review's Science Workbook (which I got because I'm a student in a TPR course) and their practice exams seemed geared to the new MCAT. For instance, the new MCAT won't test discrete topics. Each passage combines knowledge of biochem/organic chem/physics and especially tests medical applications of these concepts*. So I would focus on passages that are more clinically/medially-oriented if you are using old books.