Old MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katiep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a reapplicant. I took the MCAT in April '00. I've submitted AMCAS a month ago, and it's not processed or verified (of course), but when I print the application, I noticed that my old MCAT scores are correctly placed.

However, I've noticed that some schools which have received the electronic confirmation from AMCAS don't show that my MCAT scores have been received. I was told that my scores would come automatically from AMCAS. I also thought the one page electronic transmission had the MCAT score on it, right?

Please tell me I haven't made a mistake, and that I don't have to contact AMCAS to give them the list of schools I'm applying to. If so, then the schools will undoubtedly not receive my scores until the end of 2005.

Should I be concerned? What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

The only things that AMCAS is transmitting electronically to the schools at this point are your name, address, phone, & e-mail. If you submitted a month ago, you're in the group (those who submitted before 8/10) whose apps are going to be verified before they send out the paper app to the schools. That's when (and they're now saying it takes 6 - 8 weeks for verification after submission) they'll get your scores along with the rest of your unverified app if you wait for AMCAS. Some schools have instituted alternate application procedures, like requesting paper copies of AMCAS and special on-line forms, secondaries, etc. Are you taking advantage of these alternate application pathways? You can find a list of them at Drako's website. You shouldn't need to contact AMCAS and give them the list of the schools you're applying to -- they already have it, and will hopefully at some point get their act together to at least be able to transmit AMCAS scores! Oh well, we can dream, can't we? ;) You do raise an interesting point, though. What happens if they dont? :eek:

Hmmm, mine happened a little different. I submitted July 5 and the one page summary that my school received a few weeks ago had scores and GPA on it, too. (I saw them.) Also, AMCAS has mailed out my paper app...unverified. I am EDP, not that it makes a difference to AMCAS!

Originally posted by lamyers:
•Hmmm, mine happened a little different. I submitted July 5 and the one page summary that my school received a few weeks ago had scores and GPA on it, too. (I saw them.) Also, AMCAS has mailed out my paper app...unverified. I am EDP, not that it makes a difference to AMCAS!•

I think that one page summary with the GPA and MCAT scores on it was their interim fix (remember that?) when they realized how big their problem was and that they were going to have to start sending out unverified paper apps. I do think it makes a difference that you're EDP in that the 8/10 rule wouldn't apply to you as they were trying to get all the EDP applicants' paper apps out before sending everyone else's out.