1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Old MSAR vs. New MSAR?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by PrincessCKNY, Jun 19, 2002.

1. PrincessCKNY

PrincessCKNY Crown Royal Member
    7+ Year Member

Quick question:

I chose my schools on the primaries based on the 2000-2001 MSAR. I bought that edition last year when I originally planned on applying, but ended up putting it off a year. I spoke w/ my counselor about any differences and they said it was cool. BUT I've heard otherwise on SDN and now I am kinda freaked out.

Did really mess up? Are the schools that were once considered easy, now hard (or vice versa)?

I decided to play it safe and bought the 2003-2004 MSAR for when my secondaries come in and be more selective.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

p.s. SDN was down from Fri-today...what happened?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think using an MSAR that is a year or 2 old would be THAT big a deal. Sure, its nice to have the very latest stats for each school, but I'd put money on those stats not changing significantly from year to year.

Really, though, by way of example, Wash U, Hopkins, and the UC's are ALWAYS going to be pretty darn hard to get into, while other schools will probably still be somewhat easier - NOT THAT ANY MED SCHOOL IS EASY TO GET INTO.

I think what may change the most is probably the #'s of in-state vs out of state acceptances, and even that shouldn't change TOO much, especially for state schools.

4. PrincessCKNY

PrincessCKNY Crown Royal Member
    7+ Year Member

bump

and thanks so much UCMonkey!