Old TPR stuff okay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bambam92

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have old TPR science workbook. It isn't even hyper learning. So it is prior to whenever they started calling it hyper learning (2009). Is this still good for prep? One person told me the old science workbooks from TPR are the same exact thing essentially as new hyper learning science workbooks. Is this the case? I notice the TPR seems to have more discrete questions than passages for physics..which isn't that great. Or is this because I have old book? Basically want to know if I am fine with this, or if I should try to find newer hyper learning science workbook?

I also have TBR for passages. Started sn2ed a few days ago. I feel like TBR for content is overwhelming!! Does anyone else feel this way?? To the point that they load you with minute detail, you lose big picture. So think I am going to use TPR review books for content, TPR science for passages/?'s, and TBR just for their passages and questions. Anyone else take this approach? After reading TBR physics and going to TPR I felt like TPR was much more concise and clear. Thanks for any input guys. Just don't want to waste money buying new TPRH science workbook if my old one is the same.

Members don't see this ad.

I think your workbook is going to be fine. I have the 2012 and also has more discrete for physics. I use the workbook as a check for understanding rather than as a later predictor of score. It really does help me, so hopefully will help you too. I'll be going back through passages with TBR after, as well as Gold Standard and AAMC full lengths, as well as EK 1001 for the topics that trip me up, as well as the EK chapter tests.

Reactions: 1 user