Older non-traditional student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msdo48

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am an older(48) non traditional student(black female) who wants to be a DO very badly, but I am concerned about several things: First, I am just now getting to the university level, having been accepted at a CSU school this fall. My transfer gpa from the community college level is only 2.71,but I am also not great at math. Secondly, I know this is like beating a dead horse but I am concerned that when I get my BS in Biology (concentration Physiology), I will be in my early 50's(51). I really want to go to Western University, especially since I went to a conference last year :D . Anyway, how do I boost my gpa and become competitive?? I love science but not great at math, but I know I need it and I am more than willing to bust my behind to get where I want to go. I have a supportive b/f who encourages me and family as well, but I get discouraged sometimes (like now) and want to throw in the towel and go back to nursing-then remember how much I hated being a CNA!! :( Any advice/feedback is greatly appreciated :) This seems like a very supportive place! Thanks again, msdo48.

Members don't see this ad.