1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Oldest MCAT considered?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by harbor21, Nov 17, 2005.

1. harbor21

harbor21 Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    I noticed on the US News and World Report America's Best Medical Schools guide that for some schools accept an MCAT score for Fall 2006 admissions as far back as 2002 while others only accept 2003. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this? So this means someone could take the MCAT the summer after their sophomore year and apply to both types of schools the summer after their senior year without a problem right?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. anon-y-mouse

anon-y-mouse Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    From the AAMC website.

"How long are MCAT scores valid?

In general, MCAT scores are valid for 3 years. However, this time frame varies from school to school. So you may wish to contact the school(s) of your choice to find out their policies concerning MCAT scores."

I would think the variation between schools is due to human factors... like, considering the summer before 'valid' in a similar fashion as you have justified. I believe if you contact the schools, you can ask which series code is accepted, which should help you out.