OMFS Application Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

East-West

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how many letters of rec we are allowed to have for this coming cycle? In additon, if I had worked in an OMFS office and the two surgeons I worked for wanted to write a joint letter and take up one of the letter of rec spaces on my app would that be allowed or no? Sorry for the strange question. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know how many letters of rec we are allowed to have for this coming cycle? In additon, if I had worked in an OMFS office and the two surgeons I worked for wanted to write a joint letter and take up one of the letter of rec spaces on my app would that be allowed or no? Sorry for the strange question. Thanks in advance.
You must have 3. The maximum is 5. I would recommend against joint letters.

Reactions: 1 users
5. If you can get them all from academic oral surgeons that know you and speak highly of you, you’ll be golden

Reactions: 1 user
Either get them from someone who knows you very well, or someone who most other program directors will have heard of (ie rhe program director at your school).

Reactions: 1 user