1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

OMFS Apps.

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by smiledr6, Aug 16, 2011.

1. smiledr6

2+ Year Member

I know it is early but anyone hear from any programs yet. ? application confirmations?
    Applications completed over a month ago.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Lonely Sol

Lonely Sol cowgoesmoo fan!
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Got Apps Confirmation by UMKC, Maryland, Louisville, Tufts, Boston, and LSU

4. CMistry

Physician Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I applied to 27 schools; thus far have app confirmation from LSU-NO, UF Gainsville, UMaryland, UTSouthwestern, BU, and Tufts.

5. whodatdoc

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    so far conf'n from maryland, tufts, BU, UF gainesville, oklahoma, nova, and WVU

6. live

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Has anyone tried calling or heard from Case Western for anything? They never answer the phone and if you call their OS program they transfer you back to the application department, who again won't answer. Very frustrating for a program with such an early deadline.

7. cnoordma

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    after submitting your OMS application to PASS did all of the programs you applied to respond letting you know that your application was complete? I received an application complete response from only a couple programs and am wondering if I should follow-up with the programs that I haven't heard from??

8. smiledr6

2+ Year Member

24 Applications in and no confirmations directly from them. I did however contact each program and did confirm that way. Mostly Northeast programs.

9. ToothRunner

Dental Student
    I applied to 18 schools and haven't received any confirmations yet. I've been contemplating contacting each school to confirm as well. Did the program coordinators seem annoyed when you called to confirm?

10. smiledr6

2+ Year Member

E-mailed each program. No phone calls. Most had secretary's respond pretty quickly. Seems that we are very early in process and not even a thought in most PD minds as of yet.

11. ToothRunner

Dental Student
    Anybody have troubles with schools receiving official NBDE score reports sent through the ADA's website? One school states that they haven't received my scores yet, while two other schools say they have. All three were requested at the same time about three weeks ago.

12. Zygomatic

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    I had the same trouble in the past... they are so unorganized. Now i have requested them to forward official NBDE and it's been almost 2 month since then and they haven't sent it out yet. I dont know whats wrong with them. Does it real take that long for them to just print out a piece of paper from their system and send it , reallyyy ?
    Also if you call them to ask , you'll get rude response....

13. live

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yes, they are seriously the rudest people in the world. So frustrating