omfs cbse August 2015 result advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackiethedmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got my result for this august cbse exam. It was my last time giving it and I was hoping to touch a 70.

I ended up with a 68 :(. very disappointed. Is this a competitive score to apply with? I am graduate of a US international dental advance standing DMD program and I already have less chances of getting in :(

Members don't see this ad.

I think 68 is competitive. Know a girl who got a 59 and is at Yale for OS. Then again, I also don't know if Yale OS is a big deal program

A 68 is passing. So yes, that is a good score. Depends on what the rest of your app looks like.

Members don't see this ad :)
A 68 is passing. So yes, that is a good score. Depends on what the rest of your app looks like.

What is considered a normal application for an Oral surgery applicant?

I have strong extra-curriculars but my class rank is weak. It's 25/83. I do have a score on the NBDE as well, 91.
May be I should try my luck.

68NBME and 91NBDE are great scores...not sure why you think those are bad...

Thank you yuggernaut! Just because everyone here has around 70's on NBME and it will be very hard to compete with the columbia/harvard etc guys who go through 2 years of med school.

Not everyone here has 70s... Those are just the people who want to share or compare their score. I had a lower score than yours with a comparable NBDE.

Last edited:
Thank you vellnueve and Cmistry for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. I going to apply with a more positive attitude now. I hope my class rank doesnt hold me back a lot. Thanks again.