jackiethedmd

5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Hi everyone,

I just got my result for this august cbse exam. It was my last time giving it and I was hoping to touch a 70.

I ended up with a 68 :(. very disappointed. Is this a competitive score to apply with? I am graduate of a US international dental advance standing DMD program and I already have less chances of getting in :(

gn4

5+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2013
Status
Dental Student
I think 68 is competitive. Know a girl who got a 59 and is at Yale for OS. Then again, I also don't know if Yale OS is a big deal program

Golfguy

5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
A 68 is passing. So yes, that is a good score. Depends on what the rest of your app looks like.

About the Ads

tooth knockn

Treat others how you want to be treated
7+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2012
NY
Status
Pre-Dental
A 68 is passing. So yes, that is a good score. Depends on what the rest of your app looks like.

What is considered a normal application for an Oral surgery applicant?

jackiethedmd

5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2012
Status
Dental Student
I have strong extra-curriculars but my class rank is weak. It's 25/83. I do have a score on the NBDE as well, 91.
May be I should try my luck.

jackiethedmd

5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Thank you yuggernaut! Just because everyone here has around 70's on NBME and it will be very hard to compete with the columbia/harvard etc guys who go through 2 years of med school.

vellnueve

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status
Not everyone here has 70s... Those are just the people who want to share or compare their score. I had a lower score than yours with a comparable NBDE.

Last edited:

jackiethedmd

5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Thank you vellnueve and Cmistry for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. I going to apply with a more positive attitude now. I hope my class rank doesnt hold me back a lot. Thanks again.

About the Ads