DREDAY

10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
Anyone else think that AAOMS needs to do a better job on this recruitment video? I was gonna show this video to some students but decided against it because I thought the video was embarrassing and was not a good representation of the specialty. I think its very vague on the surgeries we do and focuses too much on "quality of life". They talk about some procedures but don't show anything. I also think they also need another female representative like Janice Lee talking about OMFS instead of the lady they have there. Any thoughts?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2674311300766558929&hl=en#

flapaTron

§ herpen the derp §
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2010
Status
Dental Student
the music in the beginning is nothing short of amazing :laugh:

just curious, who is the target audience for this video?

OP
D

DREDAY

10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
the music in the beginning is nothing short of amazing :laugh:

just curious, who is the target audience for this video?

Yup, the music, sound and video quality are also terrible. Looks like an 80s video. I was told the target audience are "students. "

OP
D

DREDAY

10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
Please give thoughts and ideas for the video. I will put it together and email AAOMS some suggestions.

Jul 6, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Anyone else think that AAOMS needs to do a better job on this recruitment video? I was gonna show this video to some students but decided against it because I thought the video was embarrassing and was not a good representation of the specialty. I think its very vague on the surgeries we do and focuses too much on "quality of life". They talk about some procedures but don't show anything. I also think they also need another female representative like Janice Lee talking about OMFS instead of the lady they have there. Any thoughts?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2674311300766558929&hl=en#
You are definitely correct. A terrible video. I saw this during dental school but I'm not sure if a resident showed it to us or I just found it on youtube.

As far as not showing anything, perhaps that was so the video can be shown at will without regards to audience. No "viewer discretion advised' needed.

But as the profession evolves, it is only natural to keep things such as this updated. The intended audience can easily be extended to the general public as youtube is extremely accessible. And anything that is ever printed, filmed, recorded etc will end up on the internet.

I applaud you for taking the effort. I don't have any specific ideas other than update it, include some contemporary names, and up the 'shock and awe' of awesomeness that is OMS.

superfinger45

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
haha, that video is on the right track but it definitly needs to be updated. I'd like to see more procedures and more actual talk about what procedures OMS is capable of doing. In 12 minutes they should be able to pack way more in then they did. Update the music. Also, please suggest more bowties:D