OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basketballformvp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're misinformed. Get into dental school. Do well. Get involved with oral surgery cases. Maybe do an externship. Get good letters of rec. Get good grades. Show programs you're interested. And you stand a chance at getting in.

hello. i have reading on sdn that if your undergrad gpa is 3.5 then omfs gets harder because of med schools need to admit you. i heard this is true for 6 year program. is there way to make up bad undergrad gpa other than doing well ind school if you truly want to do omfs? i am disappointed that doors closed even before i try out. give me some honest advice. thank you.

If your undergrad GPA is below a 3.0 then yes, it is harder to gain admission to 6-year programs. As a long as it is above that, however, you should be fine. A 3.5 is plenty high.

good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard 3.5 is cutoff. mine is more 3.3. is that reach. im curious on this topic as well.

This isn't posted anywhere else on this site, so i'll share the secret:

do well on your NBME CBSE

don't tell anyone i gave you this information...it's very hush hush

Reactions: 4 users

Not cool man. Why you gotta go an share secrets like that? Ugh. Now everyone's gonna apply...

I know plenty of people with with stellar NBME score who aren't getting much love, I think the programs prefer more of the staircase method when choosing candidates

I know plenty of people with with stellar NBME score who aren't getting much love, I think the programs prefer more of the staircase method when choosing candidates

I know people in the same boat, but (if they were being honest with themselves) they would say they sacrificed too much to go all-in on the NBME. In the end, they had to apply with a bare bones CV and/or lukewarm letters and I don't personally believe there are many NBME scores that can save you at that point.

just my 2 cents...the cases you know personally may be different

Thank god - My grades have been tanking in school these days but I put time in for CBSE and it worked out and showed that Im not as dumb as my grades make me seem.

:p