Omg help me please! I'm ruined

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should google that Professor's name and e-mail him/her the link to this thread :D

Members don't see this ad.

Dino if that is done I will email/call Dr. Pam Bayer of your university as concerned and agitated student and tell her about your catalog of back tests given to you by former students and about the plethora of undeserving grades that you have.

to anyone else makeing fun of me and my college, i got into penn, so aparntly my college is reputable. if you dont have valid input for my situation, dont waste my time writing on this thread. thank you to all those that have helped.

Dino if that is done I will email/call Dr. Pam Bayer of your university as concerned and agitated student and tell her about your catalog of back tests given to you by former students and about the plethora of undeserving grades that you have.

to anyone else makeing fun of me and my college, i got into penn, so aparntly my college is reputable. if you dont have valid input for my situation, dont waste my time writing on this thread. thank you to all those that have helped.

lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just ruinned my life.

I got my grades back this semester
anatomy and physiology2 = c-
intro to sociology = d+
global ecology = c-
immunology = d-

i am accepted to nyu and penn. I am not sure what i will tell threm. Please assist. Am not surre what i should do. What do i tell my parents? My advisors? My brother? My friends? As far as i see i lost respect and career
You need to address this as soon as possible. In fact, you need to speak to the head admissions person, and possibly the dean of the school if you can. You need to explain everything and BEG. If that doesn't work, there are schools that will overlook grades like that. But many will not like that this happened so recently. You need to consider looking into a post-bac or masters program. Consider it a possibility.

He's absolutely right... I'm quite appalled by how mean people can be on SDN. People make mistakes, and for whatever reason, we should do our best to support them. Don't kick people when they're down.

He's absolutely right... I'm quite appalled by how mean people can be on SDN. People make mistakes, and for whatever reason, we should do our best to support them. Don't kick people when they're down.
Agreed, but I think it's more about a general attitude on the Internet. People take advantage of the supposed anonymity I guess...

I hope the OP didn't just slack off, and there were some external factors involved. If it was just laziness, gl if you end up in d-school.

Aparntly your college didn't teach you how to spell.

I'm not trying to be mean, but honestly, I am just curious as to how you did so poorly this past semester? I mean is there any good reason for it? I'm sure if you explain to the schools what happened, they are going to expect there to be a damn good reason for it.

ok i received email from sociology professor that I will remain nameless. he said that if I change class to pass/fail he will pass me... 2 down 2 to go.
immunology is next on my list. it is not needed to fill bio requirements so im going to look into pass/failing it. if that is case, then i will just have to explain c- in anatomy. that should be easy im thinking death of a family member etc.

Last edited:
if that is case, then i will just have to explain c- in anatomy. that should be easy im thinking death of a family memer etc.

So it's confirmed, either OP is a douchey troll who didn't really get bad grades, or he's a stupid douche with bad grades and no sense of morality.

if that is case, then i will just have to explain c- in anatomy. that should be easy im thinking death of a family member etc.

loose morals and poor work ethic?

don't touch my teeth...

ok i received email from sociology professor that I will remain nameless. he said that if I change class to pass/fail he will pass me... 2 down 2 to go.
immunology is next on my list. it is not needed to fill bio requirements so im going to look into pass/failing it. if that is case, then i will just have to explain c- in anatomy. that should be easy im thinking death of a family member etc.

You know, at my school you would need an actual death certificate for that excuse to fly. Exactly how lenient IS your school? Are you (or your parents) a big donor or something? This is ridiculous

Dude, that's messed up. Explaining your failings by making up the death of a loved one is pathetic. You screwed up this semester. Man up and take responsibility.

you people need to relax. i was trying to point out that worst case scenario I will only have to explain one bad grade with the others being 2 passes and a b-. lets be honest, you guys arnt saints and I dont see what morals has to do with the quality of a dentists clinical ability.

Members don't see this ad :)

ITA, As long as there was a valid reason, .....even if he slacked off, people are human!

TGun, Be honest with your Profs, and the Schools. Hope for the best, but perpare fore the worst.

Good Luck Dude:xf:

Just seen :
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGUN

Dude so I'm taking it you just slacked off. Dont Lie, That only attacks your character!

you people need to relax. i was trying to point out that worst case scenario I will only have to explain one bad grade with the others being 2 passes and a b-. lets be honest, you guys arnt saints and I dont see what morals has to do with the quality of a dentists clinical ability.

If you think ethics has nothing to do with being a quality dentist, you do not belong in the field. I would hate to see students with such low caliber accepted to DS.

loose morals and poor work ethic?

don't touch my teeth...

Amen, ITA

TG you lost mad cool points with that comment.
hand out * STAY BACK!*

i sure don't want to be in the same class as him. You said you were being cocky and got bad grades. I, myself, was being a bit cocky as well but I maintained a 3.7 GPA with a 21 hour credit load. I don't know... seems iffy how you were able to get the 3.8 GPA before this semester.
but seeing your morals and ethics; i'll have my own judgment.

TGun, sorry to hear about your semester. I understand people are attacking you, but don't add fuel to the fire. Just let them be jealous you got into Penn. Anyway I guess the contacting of the Profs is working. It wouldn't fly at my school, but at least it will help your present situation.

The main thing here is to excel next term. You slacked off, and it was a learning lesson. Bust your hump and pull it back together.

TGun, sorry to hear about your semester. I understand people are attacking you, but don't add fuel to the fire. Just let them be jealous you got into Penn. Anyway I guess the contacting of the Profs is working. It wouldn't fly at my school, but at least it will help your present situation.

The main thing here is to excel next term. You slacked off, and it was a learning lesson. Bust your hump and pull it back together.

I think people are "attacking" the OP because he seems so non-chalant about the whole thing.. "O well, I'm cocky, I guess I'll just lie about something or make up an excuse and coast into Dental school." If he seemed sincere, and down to earth (you would think something like this would humble a person) I really think people would be more sympathetic to his situation...

Morals have nothing to do with your clinical ability to be a dentist?!?!?!? are you serious??? no wonder why people are attacking you.. I hope everything works out for you but humble yourself man

WOW!!! You're just an idiot. And one that can't own up to your mistakes.

How does ethics and morals have a part in being a good dentist? Let's think here, smart ass. I know that I wouldn't want to go to a dentist I couldn't trust. If you're lying about your mistakes, what are you going to lie to your patients about?

Nobody is jealous where you got in to school. So stop using that as an excuse as to why people are saying these things to you. From your posts in this thread, we all have valid reason to think you're an idiot.

I hope that you lie about having a death in your family. That's pathetic and sad, and one day you will be caught in your lies. And now that you have made this public, anybody can refer this to someone at these schools you got into. Further proof of your idiotness.

yea i never really thought about that... IF your situation is true, and you do have to call Penn and tell them about your "death in the family," you gotta be careful because adcoms read these threads.. this could come back to bite you in the butt

I remember Corky Cacas specifically saying she and her staff glance at these boards while I was at the Penn interview. I imagine not too many people will be in your situation, or have your grades. It would not be a leap to think they'd be able to match your excuse to your grades to you - expecially if this post keeps getting attention and bumps. That said, don't lie. Think about a dentist who drilled and filled the wrong tooth (just for the sake of illustration). Would you tell the patient and expose yourself to the risks (lawsuits, bad PR, etc.) or save yourself, charge them and bring them back to fill the right tooth? Dental morals 101.

How about someone close this now pointless thread?

perhaps you could retake the classes you got D's in next semester. then get you bachelor's degree. some schools only care if you get a bachelor's degree. i had an interviewere tell me that he didn't care about grades.
sooo get your bachelor's degree and have a HUGE reason why you're grades turned out like they did. also make sure to say that it was an isolated incident, not a pattern of your behavior and it will NEVEr happen again.

if i were an admissions officer, i would be a softie :)

What school was this?

This guy is a Troll. Someone close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.