Omg Hope Arises Out Of Nothing!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW AT UC IRVINE!!!

They had "decline" for interview two months ago. But today they emailed me and invited me for interview!!

THERE IS HOPE EVEN WHEN THEY REJECT YOU APPARENTLY!

Its probably just for a wait list but I don't care! Its an interview!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Either way, congrats! and good luck! :)

I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW AT UC IRVINE!!!

They had "decline" for interview two months ago. But today they emailed me and invited me for interview!!

THERE IS HOPE EVEN WHEN THEY REJECT YOU APPARENTLY!

Its probably just for a wait list but I don't care! Its an interview!!!

hey congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't think about waitlist....go and kick butt!!!! you may be able to stay in california after all!!!!

all the best!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

"decline" then interview.....wow, isn't that something!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the congratulations guys. I am so stoked. The email says "to interview as a candidate for the class beginning August 2007." But that probably doesn't mean anything - I doubt they specify if they are interviewing for waitlist or actual positions in the class.

I hope this gives hope to some people out there who also got rejected in February.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes! :) :luck:

Congrats, just think of the lower in-state tuition and work hard to knock their socks off at your interview. Based on your other acceptances and previous posts, you're clearly capable of doing just that. Best of Luck :luck:

Congrats, just think of the lower in-state tuition and work hard to knock their socks off at your interview. Based on your other acceptances and previous posts, you're clearly capable of doing just that. Best of Luck :luck:
Yeah that in-state tuition is driving me on. With no financial aid at all (and I actually have a feeling I would get SOME) it would still cost 20k less than the options I have now.

Knock 'em dead, 'angel. And remember, they wouldn't be interviewing you at all if they didn't think there might realistically be a spot available down the line. I'm sure you'll do great...

I've worked at UCI for about 6 months, and I found out that I got into the Med School today.

Let me tell you that UCI is a happy, happy place. :hardy:

Even if you are basically interviewing for the waitlist, they apparently eventually admit ~ 1/2 - 1/3 of their waitlisted applicants, so you still have a chance. :luck:

Wow this is the first time I've ever heard of a rejection turn into an interview...congrats!!!

Good luck =)