OMG! I can't believe I did this! HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed786

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so dumb....i sent in my secondary to UCSD last week and I was just looking at the activities and I accidentally wrote the wrong date...05/05-08/02 instead of 05/02-08/02.

Should I call or send a letter with the typo?? ARGH...I can't believe I made such a careless mistake.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay. Don't freak out! Just call them up and explain your situation. Doesn't AMCAS have the dates of the activity on it? They can always use that for verification.

Members don't see this ad :)
premed786 said:
I'm so dumb....i sent in my secondary to UCSD last week and I was just looking at the activities and I accidentally wrote the wrong date...05/05-08/02 instead of 05/02-08/02.

Should I call or send a letter with the typo?? ARGH...I can't believe I made such a careless mistake.

This shouldn't have an effect on your application: typos happen. If you're really worried about it you could call the UCSD admissions office and point out your error, just to make yourself feel better. This is very minor though and may very well not even be noticed by anyone reading your application. Most readers don't have the time to carefully scrutinize your app line by line-- it's a more holistic "get the big picture" idea.

I must admit I started laughing when I read this post. Your thread title makes it sound like you were convicted of first degree murder and accidently forgot to include it in your AMCAS. I really don't think you need to freak out over some little typo. I think it's really obnoxious those people who call/write admissions committees in tears because of something so insignificant. I bet the admissions secretaries have contests about who gets the most psycho-premed complaints. To the OP: Chill -- you're fine.

yeah, i'm not sure how people like this are going to deal with ****ing up on the job as physicians cuz we all know it's gotta happen sometime... :scared: