OMG!! I was just taken off of the pre-interview hold at UCSF...

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Visit site
Status
and put in the reject pile! :laugh:

I feel your guys' pain, especially you, DoctorKevin.

So, I see on your sig that you may have chosen UCSD? Remember: don't withdraw from Irvine until May 15th!

kwanny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
Cali
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
wow. how did u find out? did everyone on hold get rejected by now? i'm still trying to keep my hopes up... +pity+

About the Ads

Mr Reddly

Snowglobe!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
Still trying
Visit site
Status
Had to go check.
Yep. Status page still indicates that they received my AMCAS app.
No rejection ever sent, no secondary ever sent.
Now where's the luv?

Thought about calling them at one time... then I thought, "what's the point."

E

Eraserhead

I have yet to receive a rejection letter. But since I did get the JMP interview, maybe I don't get one yet.

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Eraserhead
REJECTED from the palace that employs me.
...Dr. Kevin??

Everyone's changing their screen names nowadays, it's getting even more popular than anti-depressants...

E

Eraserhead

Originally posted by CalBeE
...Dr. Kevin??

Everyone's changing their screen names nowadays, it's getting even more popular than anti-depressants...
Yes, I highly recommend it. Side effects include Rash, Pruritus (skin inflammation), Headache, Tremor, Dizziness, Asthenia, Insomnia, Anxiety, Nervousness, Agitation, Abnormal dreams, Drowsiness and fatigue, Excessive sweating, Nausea, Disturbances of appetite, Diarrhea, Bronchitis, Rhinitis (inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes), Yawn, Weight loss, Muscle pain, Back pain, Joint pain, Painful menstruation, Sexual dysfunction, Urinary tract infection, Frequent micturition, and the ever popular Chills.

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Status
Yes, I highly recommend it. Side effects include Rash, Pruritus (skin inflammation), Headache, Tremor, Dizziness, Asthenia, Insomnia, Anxiety, Nervousness, Agitation, Abnormal dreams, Drowsiness and fatigue, Excessive sweating, Nausea, Disturbances of appetite, Diarrhea, Bronchitis, Rhinitis (inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes), Yawn, Weight loss, Muscle pain, Back pain, Joint pain, Painful menstruation, Sexual dysfunction, Urinary tract infection, Frequent micturition, and the ever popular Chills.
Oh, ONLY those side-effects, that's not too bad! ;)

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
LA2DC and back again...
Status
Resident [Any Field]

But I'm confused now. I was about to tell you that you took Dr. Kevin's Bjork avatar.

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Brickhouse
But I'm confused now. I was about to tell you that you took Dr. Kevin's Bjork avatar.
Look at the signature...it's the same. The use of the word "Progresso", etc. ;)

E

Eraserhead

Originally posted by Brickhouse
Its me, I emailed Dr Mom last night and woke up as Eraserhead.

About the Ads

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
For the record, eraserhead was inspired by me to change his name and I was inspired by trojan2004.:clap:

Mr Reddly

Snowglobe!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
Still trying
Visit site
Status
Not you too slick! Ugh..
And no, I won't be changing mine to Mr. Blue... or yellow.. or green.

Maybe Dr. Reddly one of these days in the distant future....

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Mr Reddly

:laugh: Why not change it to Mr. Bluely. That sounds cool. :thumbup:

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Status
Not you too slick! Ugh..

How about "Mr. Rainbow"?? ;) And no, don't associate it with San Francisco in any way ;)

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
LA2DC and back again...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Adapt
For the record, eraserhead was inspired by me to change his name and I was inspired by trojan2004.:clap:

Slickness?

I'm getting dizzy with all these changes!

Mr Reddly

Snowglobe!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
Still trying
Visit site
Status
amen.

Woodhouse? no. Brickhouse is an awesome name!
*singing* "She's a Brick...house!" *singing*:laugh:
And the avatar is cool!

CalbeE, if I changed it to Mr Rainbow, could I use this as my avatar?

About the Ads

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
LA2DC and back again...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
amen.

Woodhouse? no. Brickhouse is an awesome name!
*singing* "She's a Brick...house!" *singing*:laugh:
And the avatar is cool!

Thanks man!

Mr Reddly

Snowglobe!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
Still trying
Visit site
Status
Ouch! :eek: hey now. Like oh my gosh. different strokes for different strokes.. right? :D
Nah, he's complaining cuz I also posted this one on another thread (But I think it's hillarious!)

And what does this have to do with pre-allo? Well, the penguin on the left is me, and the one on the right is the adcom. :(

To Brickhouse... The new avatar is 10x better than the old one!
:clap:

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
LA2DC and back again...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Well I'm glad I made you happy. I have totally seen that penguin thing before, excep the one I saw had the penguin tripping the other one.

yayme

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
ca
Visit site
Status
Ouch! :eek: hey now. Like oh my gosh. different strokes for different strokes.. right? :D
Nah, he's complaining cuz I also posted this one on another thread (But I think it's hillarious!)

And what does this have to do with pre-allo? Well, the penguin on the left is me, and the one on the right is the adcom. :(

:laugh:

kwanny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
Cali
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
jsut got off hold too... and got rejected... *sigh*...

nice rejection letter tho... :rolleyes:

E

Eraserhead

Originally posted by kwanny
jsut got off hold too... and got rejected... *sigh*...

nice rejection letter tho... :rolleyes:
yeah, apparently all of us are "practically indistinguishable" from those interviewed. wwwhatever.

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Status
Sorry about the rejections guys...all I have to say is that UCSF needs to get off its stupid high horse and realize that it's state medical school (aka..it should accept and accomadate a higher number of california residents). Personally, I hate UCSF and the Bay Area in general ..with a PASSION..so I won't even be applying...but still...it puzzles me how people get into Ivy medical schools and then get rejected by UCSF. Proof positive that this process is RANDOM. Let me reiterate...I HATE UCSF and the Bay Area as well...I can't wait to get out of this hellhole.

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed
Sorry about the rejections guys...all I have to say is that UCSF needs to get off its stupid high horse and realize that it's state medical school (aka..it should accept and accomadate a higher number of california residents). Personally, I hate UCSF and the Bay Area in general ..with a PASSION..so I won't even be applying...but still...it puzzles me how people get into Ivy medical schools and then get rejected by UCSF. Proof positive that this process is RANDOM. Let me reiterate...I HATE UCSF and the Bay Area as well...I can't wait to get out of this hellhole.
You think the Bay Area is bad, you should visit Columbus, Ohio. That's a REAL hellhole.

E

Eraserhead

Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed
if you hate it here, you'd probably hate 90% of the US.

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Status
if you hate it here, you'd probably hate 90% of the US.
The following cities are GREAT places to live: New York City, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Philadelphia

The following cities are HORRIBLE and I'd rather slit my own throat with a butterknife than live there: San Francisco is #1 on the list, Dallas, Houston, Washington DC, Kansas City, St. Louis, Louisville, Atlanta, Montgomery, and practically any city in the "deep south"

About the Ads