OMG interview @ NYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khiladi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am estatic, its my #1 choice. I thought they would not call me because of my horrible mcat grade. But, muahahaha, i am so damn happy today. Interview is on Nov 25th. If anyone has any advice, feel free to post it my way.

thnx guys

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations.

I read something in the osteo forum about a "goose poop" or something.

other than that I am of no help. Out of curiosity, when was your application sent to them?

week right after the august mcat. I cannot tell you exact date.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'll see you at NYCOM on the 25th!!!!! I was just as excited when I received the invite. A few people posted the following suggestions to me for the interview:

Just know the answer to why you want to attend NYCOM , Why osteopathy and what do you know about osteopathy.

Good luck and I'll see ya there :clap:

Word of advice: I would suggest not using the word "osteopathy" in your interview. It's a bit outdated and I got yelled at by the Dean last week for using it :) Osteopathic medicine or osteopathic physician is preferred. All diplomas now say "Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine" and the ones that dont from years ago are being reissued.

Dont sweat the goose poop. The geese have actually been displaced (for good I hope) by a major landscaping project that's underway.

The interviews are usually pretty relaxed. Practice writing what you want to say on your secondary (why nycom, why osteopathic medicine, etc).

good luck.