OMG the financial aid lady is a !@#$%

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Westside22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OMG

OMG

I want to bitch slap her!!!

A financial aid counselor/personel/rudebioutch/the earth's form of the devil from a notorious school back east where each year they have more than 220 students enroll as first year dental students....

so i called to ask if any financial aid info/letter has been sent out for me, she said yes, back on April 16, at address XXX.

I said, oh no, my current address is YYY. She said, "well why do people put down the darnest places as their address on the application" She told me to call the admission office to change it, then the school system would be updated, and she will receive my new address and send me another copy of the letter.

So i called the admission office, the lady was super nice, and when she opened my records, she said, well, it looks like I have YYY as your current address, is that correct? I said "Yes, for some reason, financial aid office still has XXX." So the nice admissions lady said sometimes the school's main system does not update when it should, she will try again. So obviously I have updated to my current address weeks if not months before today, and some glitch in the system did not update my info and send it to all pertaining offices at the school.

So I called the financial aid lady back, and nicely I said, "I was told that my new address YYY is already in the system over at the admission office, for some reason, your office did not receive the update in the past, would it be possible for me to ask you to update my address in your records directly--"

and before I could finish, the mean lady said, " I JUUST TOOLDDD YOU, AS SOON AS I RECEIVE THE NEW UPDATE I WILL SEND ANNOTHER COPY."

Calmly i said, "well, i was told that the school's computer perhaps did not update the records in your office--"

She yelled, "NO NO NO, TODAY IS MAY 15, I JUST RECEIVED A NOTE FOR THAT UPDATE AND I AM ABOUT TO WRITE A YES AND SEND YOU ANOTHER COPY!!!""""

I was like, okay, okay okay, thank you for your time, and thank you for your help.

Oye........ I know it is at the end of the day for her, but still, man, geezh, no need to yell at me when it is clearly not my fault, nor did i raise my voice, ask for anything unreasonable, nor did i blame her for anything.... may she have a nice evening at home with a good meal with candles and an nice warm buble bath so that tomorrow morning when she returns to work, she is in a wonderful wood

:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to New York

Financial Aid Office tends to send things to a very old address (where u applied for financial aid years ago). For instance, I recently received mail from UCSF financial aid office (a big envelope outside send to my current address, inside is a small-return letter that has my davis address on it) I moved out of Davis 5 yrs ago and certainly didn't even use my davis address for any of the application cycle. They just got it off the financial aid old file. Send something to me to the old davis address. The mail was returned to them. Then, they went into the system and look for my new address, then send it to the new address again.

The total time took 2 wks for a letter to get from UCSF to my house (which is precisely 36miles away)

Financial Aid ppl are proud of their job. And they will do it their ways. I just hate dealing with them. They know we need them so they can always give us a hard time....Just be patient. 4 yrs will go fast.

Love that NY comment... :)
can't wait to go home...
I miss the SUN.