OMIT STEP 2 CS FROM 2021 MATCH PETITION

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1040794

Lets do this guys. Please share.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying this to be facetious. I'm genuinely curious why/if the NBME would respond, let alone enact policy, to a Change.org petition. Is there prior evidence that Change.org has unequivocally led to improved standards or policy for medical students?
Unfortunately, I feel the issue is too convoluted/involved to simply rely on a Change.org petition. I understand you, among others, are in a difficult position. Finding student advocates at your school will certainly be better than encouraging anonymous SDN users to sign this online petition.

I'm not saying this to be facetious. I'm genuinely curious why/if the NBME would respond, let alone enact policy, to a Change.org petition. Is there prior evidence that Change.org has unequivocally led to improved standards or policy for medical students?
Unfortunately, I feel the issue is too convoluted/involved to simply rely on a Change.org petition. I understand you, among others, are in a difficult position. Finding student advocates at your school will certainly be better than encouraging anonymous SDN users to sign this online petition.

Do you have a better idea? Do you have a better place where people from all over and come together to express their shared concerns? Nobody has to sign anything. If they agree that CS should be omitted to make the process fairer and want to show their support, this is a way for them to do it. Unless you have a better suggestion.

If we can get a large enough crowd to sign it. We can at least demonstrate that NBME has no regard for the popular opinion of its subjects and clearly demonstrate that fairness is not anywhere in its priorities. Making US-born citizens take an English exam. Really? What a scam. Obviously just a money play. One thing is for sure, nothing changes by ignorance and silence and no way better to communicate with the medical world especially during COVID than the Internet. Unless you know of a place where medical students just hang out waiting for someone to bring a petition.

Also, there may be a legal precedent here.

"The premise of disparate-impact claims “is that some employment practices, adopted without a deliberately discriminatory motive, may in operation be functionally equivalent to intentional discrimination.” See Pippin v. Burlington Res. Oil & Gas Co., 440 F.3d 1186, 1199 (10th Cir. 2006) (citing Ortega v. Safeway Stores, Inc., 943 F.2d 1230, 1242 (10th Cir. 1991), superseded by statute, Civil Rights Act of 1991."

"Disparate impact occurs when policies, practices, rules or other systems that appear to be neutral result in a disproportionate impact on a protected group. For example, testing all applicants and using results from that test that will unintentionally eliminate certain minority applicants disproportionately is disparate impact."

Status
Not open for further replies.