Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

omm @ UHS and DMU

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by doforever, May 23, 2002.

1. doforever

doforever New Member

For the students of these schools: I am on the waiting list at these schools and was interested in how much time per week is spent for omm and do you believe it to take too much time away from studying other pertinent material such as anatomy, physiology, etc?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GreenEyedMonster

GreenEyedMonster Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

OMM at DMU was a nice break from the other studies of biochem, anatomy and pharmacology. I would never say it took away from studying the other subjects. I spent a minimum of 3 hours/week with OMM--1.5 hr in weekly lecture and 1.5 hr in weekly lab. However, it does depend if there are quizzes or practical exams for OMM. Pay attention in class and lab and you will do fine.

4. alpha1phi

alpha1phi Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm not quite sure how you feel about OMM - but if it's not a subject that you would define as "pertinent" aling with all the other subjects- think again about DMU. Our OMM department here is outstanding...and much will be expected of you as a DMU student once you are out on rotations and residency.

This it not meant to be offensive...just something to consider as you make a decision.

Best of LUCK!