omm @ UHS and DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doforever

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the students of these schools: I am on the waiting list at these schools and was interested in how much time per week is spent for omm and do you believe it to take too much time away from studying other pertinent material such as anatomy, physiology, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

OMM at DMU was a nice break from the other studies of biochem, anatomy and pharmacology. I would never say it took away from studying the other subjects. I spent a minimum of 3 hours/week with OMM--1.5 hr in weekly lecture and 1.5 hr in weekly lab. However, it does depend if there are quizzes or practical exams for OMM. Pay attention in class and lab and you will do fine.

I'm not quite sure how you feel about OMM - but if it's not a subject that you would define as "pertinent" aling with all the other subjects- think again about DMU. Our OMM department here is outstanding...and much will be expected of you as a DMU student once you are out on rotations and residency.

This it not meant to be offensive...just something to consider as you make a decision.

Best of LUCK!