Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Oms Match Thread

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by TiggerJSA, Dec 19, 2005.

1. TiggerJSA

TiggerJSA Examing the colon stinks
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ok, I'm going to be "that guy". Only 42 days left until Match Day yall! :scared: :scared: Anybody else having a heck of a time finalizing that damn rank list??? :eek: :eek: I toast to everyone now, and will toast to everyone at 9am on Jan 30th. Good luck, and may we all be blessed with a one-way ticket to 4-6 years of masochistic torture :smuggrin: :smuggrin: !!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jstars11

jstars11 Thank you Marquette!!
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student

4. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Hey, I was already that guy! :confused: Haven't you read my SDN Signature? I've been counting down since Day 178 or something like that.

Shoot, I had a good time ranking my 5 programs, didn't take too much thoughts at all. Felt pretty good about how I ranked them and hopefully I'll get my #1. :thumbup:

5. TiggerJSA

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My bad Yah-E :cool: I humbly abdicate my self-pronounced depracation to you ;) . My toughest problem right now is finalizing my bottom 3 programs (Hopefully, it doesn't come down to that :scared: :scared: ). I think my top 5 are pretty much set, but I still gotta be realistic and finish out the rest. Like you, Yah-E, and I'm sure everyone else out there, let's hope my 1st choice is the only one that matters... :luck: :luck:

6. GatorDMD

GatorDMD Suck ChocoSaltyBalls
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student

I am having troubles with my top 5 through my bottom 5 ranking order. I hope I just get in a decent program. I can not be picky and want only my #1 ...I have to be realistic and hope for a solid program to want me. Hopefully that will be one of my top 3-4 but after that... :confused: who knows. Cant wait for the post match celebration. Vegas baby!!! :scared:

7. GatorDMD

10+ Year Member

Medical Student

8. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Oh believe me, I feel the same way, I would be very happy with my #5 choice as well! But my #1 one is just damn cute and sexy, she's got a nice.....oh wait, we're not talking about that...um hum..yes, my #1 program is so damn cool that I really believe that I would be happy there for 6 years.

But if I match at my number #2, 3, 4 or 5, I be one happy mutha f#@%&, ya know what I'm saying? I JUST WANT TO MATCH, DAMN IT!! Why January 30th God, why?

9. UNLV OMS GUNNABE

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The problem is that every program is so different. There are a lot of good programs but it's difficult to decide on what you want. Especially with such little experience.

10. TiggerJSA

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Not to mention keepin an eye on those with the $30 price on their heads :D :D :D (Obscure reference...)

11. OMFSCardsFan

OMFSCardsFan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

There you go with those big words again. If you end up here, you're going to be rephrasing a lot of statements so the rest of us will understand...

12. OMFSCardsFan

OMFSCardsFan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I guess you didn't rank Cook County or Case as your #1, eh?

13. Ankylosed

Ankylosed Member
    5+ Year Member

14. GatorDMD

10+ Year Member

Medical Student

I surely reckon y'all be right.... Yeeeehaaw!

15. GatorDMD

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yah-e what programs did you interview at? CWRU, CC, LSU-NO, and?

16. TiggerJSA

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I implore you to rescind your aggression on my verbose articulation of linguistic splendor. I'll get antedeluvian on y'all's (as my Northern heritage slowly wanes) asses... :D :D :D

17. GatorDMD

10+ Year Member

Medical Student

Hiccup aka the Thesaurus.

18. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    You're one smart cookie, I tell ya! Now do you know who the Carver is? :laugh:

19. TiggerJSA

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You know it's Costas... :laugh:

20. GatorDMD

10+ Year Member

Medical Student

i think it is the crazy kid... or maybe annie. :D

21. toofache32

15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ummm...git 'er done?

22. OMFS2012

OMFS2012 Lost in BAMA!!
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey, what's up fellas?! it's kinda starting to sound like gatordmd has ran out of prozac, unlvomfswannabe is having internal conflict issues, and tiggerjsa is off the subway diet +pity+ ...i mean really you guys i have nothing but love for you all (or y'all), but are you really worried about what you rank after 3 or 4?!?!? not to sound overly confident on your account, but i don't think you have anything to worry about. especially since your #3-10 are near the top of everyone else's lists and you would be fine at any of these places. i'd be more worried about who you match with and if you get mr. $30 it might not matter if you are at the best program in the country :laugh: seriously i'm mostly looking forward to a little vacation in las vegas and then the days when we are "going to be getting up at 4 in the morning 27 days a month to write notes" and “be able to take 15 nights (three weekends) of primary call all on our own each month” (thanks esclavo for your special comments...touching). anyway, put them down as you like them and then party like hell when you find out. my list is in and it feels pretty good (kinda like spooning between two interviewees on the trail to save a little money and stay warm...you know who you are :love: ) have a great christmas all and see you in 2006!

23. esclavo

esclavo from frying pan into fire
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    :laugh: :laugh: I like your attitude. Too bad you're going to be spoiling some chief at a six year. Oh well, some other "lucky" guy will be here with me next year, carrying me "piggy-back" from patient's room to patient's room, scurrying around for odds and ends....who said there is no "I" in team. "I" is the most important member of the team.... at least when that "I" stands for INTERN!

24. TiggerJSA

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You're right man... I've finally submitted my final rank list, and here is my top five in no particular order:
    GatorDMD OMFS2012 UNLVOMSWANNABE Chemicalpeel Jstar11

You've all matched at my special region :eek: . Although, I was thinking about whoring myself out to the $30 boys being the greedy Jew that I am :smuggrin: :smuggrin: . Can anyone tell me if it's unhealthy to substitute JD for milk in your cereal?? :barf: It's the only way I can get through the next 39 days. That and thinking about possible cures for hiccups...

25. GatorDMD

10+ Year Member

Medical Student

Yeah I hope I match with that list also including yourself... big guy. :love:
    JD makes my cinnamon toast crunch get soggy too fast... try gentleman jack or tequila. :thumbup:

26. GatorDMD

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    that is why I am on the Prozac! :D

If I get Mr. $30... :mad: I may need to double the bet and charge $60 per wannabe. Yeah Vegas is going to be freagn sweet... last vacation for the next 6 years :scared: Seriously though I cant wait to bust my a$$ and show whoever drafts me that I am not a bust! You always hear about the sorry, lazy a$$ intern... I am going to make sure it aint this lizard!

27. UNLV OMS GUNNABE

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It sure has been a crazy last few months. I was so ready to have it all over and done with but; sniff, I miss you guys :love:
    I wish I could be as confident as you guys and already have my list done but I will be one of the poor saps that will probably change it at 11:58 the night before. I'm getting to be as bad as gator, well, ok, maybe not that bad :laugh:
    Happy holidays to everybody.

28. GatorDMD

10+ Year Member

Medical Student

come on dont be modest... you know you are as bad as me ;)

I will be right with you my man the last minute before 1/13 midnight! I think I will just pray about it and hope Santa will deliver me a message of where I will fit in best. :luck:

By the way... of all people you should be the most confident!

Yeah I miss the Posse too. Cant wait to share rooms with you all again while irritating you with my snoring, sleeping nude and lactose intolerance! :laugh:

29. OMFS2012

OMFS2012 Lost in BAMA!!
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :clap: i like where this is going...maybe we could set up "intern olympics" :idea: where first years from around the country can compete in events such as:
    - three legged race with your co-resident from nurses station to nurses station rewriting orders over and over again
    - endurance test where you hold an army-navy retractor for as long as possible against a constant 40 lb force while using your other hand to wipe your chief's arse...i'm mean forehead
    - stair climbing marathon taking the back way to all wings of the hospital over and over again until someone collapses (you are allowed to start an IV on yourself mid-race)
    - edentulation race where you are judged on what percent of your state population you can edentulate with the sole use of a woodson periosteal elevator (sorry kentucky...most are already taken)

this would really be more of a celebration of all that is good and wonderful about our profession so there need not be a prize, only the deep satisfaction of serving our fellow man to better all of mankind. any takers???? :confused:

30. TiggerJSA

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think there should be an event for doing microvascular surgery flawlessly while battling an unrelenting bout of hiccups :idea: . I've got that one in the bag!! (Except for the whole doing the microvascular surgery part :oops: :oops: )

31. esclavo

esclavo from frying pan into fire
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I think the "Special Olympics" already has a copyright on such an idea with a very comparable population.... we should probably do something akin to Survivor.... oh wait that one is taken also....it is residency.... oh well

32. Bifid Uvula

Bifid Uvula My Superior Wang...
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

I agree... "SPECIAL OLYMPICS" should be reserved for those in the Periodontal Specialty.... :laugh:

33. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Too bad you misspelled deprecation!

34. TiggerJSA

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yuch! Tiggers don't like speling :D :D

35. TiggerJSA

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ok, so I've finally finished my f#$#ing NBDE II and officially certified my rank list. Just wanted to let everyone waiting for Jan 30 know that I'll be thinkin of y'alls when I get blitzed tonight and will have at least 1 shot for each of ya. And after looking over Yah-E's list, I may never recover from this one :eek: :eek: ... Cheers!