OMS Program in Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Platysimus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to find out about the OMS/MD program in Miami. I went to their website and I cannot find the information I am looking for. There was a post by Bifid Uvula some time ago that was very informative on the program in Miami--maybe he can answer these questions. Is the medical school program integrated into the oms curriculum, or is it an option after graduating from the 4 year program? How many months are spent in medical school? Do you get a cut in tuition when you are in medical school? Do you get a stipend from the oral surgery program while you are in Medical School?
A lot of the articles I read lead me to believe that it is an option after the 4 year program. However, I read the Guide to Postdoctoral Programs by ASDA and it seems like it is an integrated 6 year program.
Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

In the past it was different but as it stands now... MD option. (Few do it because it tacks on another 3 yrs ... 2 med school, 1 gen surg year.)

Members don't see this ad :)
OMFS MASTER, where are you a resident at?

When I externed there the summer before last, it was a 4 yr program, with a 2yr option. It was a 6yr and reverted back into a 4yr in the past 6 years.

Two of the residents there were supposedly intending on taking the option, who knows if they'll do it given the 3rd year needed of gen surg. It's easy to say they'll do it....

Unrelated it's a great program, whether you agree with Marx on his views or not. Tons of pathology and trauma, you'll come out plenty strong as an OMFS after 4 yrs

I was super impressed with miami too, the only thing for me was the 4yr MD option (4+2yrs+1 gen surg) vs 6yr integrated. I ranked it, but was lower on my list because of that.