OMSIII with a q about residencies in psych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colleezfascia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a third year medical student rotating in NJ. I'm very interested in a psych residency, and I was wondering if someone on this forum could please answer a question for me.

I have passed COMLEX 1, but decided not to take the USMLE. I was wondering if there is an easy way of being able to tell, short of contacting each program individually, which programs accept COMLEX scores, and which require the USMLE. I have been looking at aamc.org, but can't tell from the schools' profiles whether they require the USMLE. Any advice?

I'm assuming that most residency programs accept COMLEX alone--is this a safe assumption?

Thanks for your help, in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Would they happen to have application requirements off their website? I did a 'which grad school in the top 50 doesn't require a GRE score' hunt and found myself needing to check the application requirements for every institution manually. Really rather tedious... Hope someone can answer your question.

you should just call them & ask if they require usmle or comlex is ok...that's what I did.