On AMCAS, is the experience contact the doctor you scribed for or your direct supervisor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SterlingMaloryArcher

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you scribe for only 1 provider regularly over a long period of time. Assuming they wouldn't be bothered to be contacted.
Not like an ED scribe who scribes for several providers.

Further:
Is the organization the company that is contracted by the clinic and is named on your paycheck or is it the specialty practice you are assigned to?

Members don't see this ad.

If your provider is not bothered to be contacted, then go to your direct supervisor or your office manager.

For the organization, go with the contracted organization because you are directly employed under the contracting organization rather than the clinic.

If you scribe for only 1 provider regularly over a long period of time. Assuming they wouldn't be bothered to be contacted.
Not like an ED scribe who scribes for several providers.

Further:
Is the organization the company that is contracted by the clinic and is named on your paycheck or is it the specialty practice you are assigned to?

I listed the clinic as opposed to the organization that writes the check. It just fit much better into the application. I think you'll be okay either way.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I used one of the physicians, they know me better than the supervisor.

Either is probably fine. For the AMCAS activities section, they just need to be able to verify that you actually worked there, they won't use them as references beyond that.

You're not applying this cycle, are you?

Either is probably fine. For the AMCAS activities section, they just need to be able to verify that you actually worked there, they won't use them as references beyond that.

You're not applying this cycle, are you?

Thanks good to know.

No, but I keep a sample AMCAS template on word that I plan to fill in over the next couple years so it's as polished and complete as possible when it comes around to apply. I don't want to see it for the first time at the very end and realize I have holes in my app, and it's also motivation.

I have a similar situation where one of my shadowing director was a PT but I was able to shadow multiple physicians in one setting.

I plan to just put down the PT as the contact, as the physicians probably won't recall my presence there.