On-call hours on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panbimbo

Reaction score
Should I include on-call hours for a clinical job? Say I was on-call for 118 hours but only worked 20 of them. Would I only count the 20? I still get paid for the other hours, just at a lower rate...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

On-call time should be separated from active, in my opinion.
So when listing hours, just go with the ones paid where I worked and leave out the call hours? I can include details in the description.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally think those should count as hours because you get paid during on-call, which means you're technically on-duty and "doing your job". Just make sure to keep proper documentations and records.

I personally think those should count as hours because you get paid during on-call, which means you're technically on-duty and "doing your job". Just make sure to keep proper documentations and records.

Depends on the type of call I guess. I included my duty hours in the Navy because I was physically not allowed to leave the ship for 24+ hours, and we did trainings, stood watch, and took care if any emergencies. I didn’t include my on call time as an OR tech because even though I did come in fairly frequently, I took home call and unless it was an especially bad call night, I might only work a couple hours or not at all that whole night. And if we worked past 0200 we got the next day off.

The key is to be accurate and not misleading. It is fine to include all hours as long as you make clear in the description that X hours were spent working and Y hours were spent on call.

Reactions: 1 user