On campus housing at NOVA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roger2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am coming from NJ and thought living in on-campus housing might be economical and eliminate some of the problems of moving into an unfamiliar area.
What do you think about the doubles (and singles!)in the Cultural Living Center? The "pictures" and floor plans that Residential Life sent look pretty good - even balconies, free parking and a laundry facilities!
How do students find compatible roomates? Residential Life will just assign one. I do hope to have another ms1 as a roomate (to share the first year stress!), but how do find one before you're attending? Residential life said to insure a room, send in that deposit ASAP!
If you think this is a really dumb idea - please say why. And if you can offer any "affordable and safe" alternatives, I would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks to any NOVA SAVY posters. (please email me or post)

------------------

rog

Members don't see this ad.

I have also been very concerned about finding affordable housing in Davie. $750 a month is alot to pay for a apartment as a student. I considered the on campus housing but decided it just is not for me. If you look in the local newspaper there are actually some cheaper places (houses,condos,duplex ect.) that are actually cheaper than the resort style mega-apartment complexes in the area. I would be interested in hearing how students at NSU-COM afford to live in places like Sunforest. I would prefer to live right next to campus but will not borrow extra money to live upscale. Does anyone live in Pembroke Bay apartments?

Hi, I live in CLC right now and don't be fooled by the floor plan -- the place is awful. Share a place at Cedar Key apartments with someone and you'll be closer and it'll only cost slightly more. The place will be about a million times nicer if you do that!

I stayed at Sunforest last weekend..and I really was NOT impressed with the facilities..it was ok...but kinda old and shoddy for the money that they were charging...but then again..that was just my impression.
The place was nice, and has deinite "potential" but the upkeep really need to be done(eg. painting the buildings(inside/outside), repairing the roofs, water stains..old patio/porches)
Like I said...it has potential, but the price they charge is not equivical to the degree of upkeep that I saw...then again..that is my opinion....I could be wrong...