On Hold At Gwu????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by aquaboy, Nov 21, 2002.

1. aquaboy

aquaboy Surfer, sailor, swimmer!

Yesterday I received a yellow card saying that my file has been reviewed and put on hold at GWU. The funny thing is that I never received the card saying my application was complete. They pulled this hold B.S. on me last year also. Not to speak poorly of GWU but my application pretty much blows their average stats out of the water and I am quite surprised about being put on hold. Has this happened to anyone? Has anyone moved from this "hold " category to being interviewed. In the long run it may be better because if I get accepted to one of my top choice schools then I will not have wasted the money to fly out to D.C. Any input on this situation would be appreciated.:(

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member

I got that little yellow card too. I did a search and it looks like they put a ton of people on hold last year. What I would like to know is if anyone from that hold list actually got interviewed?

4. nkow

nkow bouncin' here and there

Resident [Any Field]
    yeah i got the yellow card last year and never heard from them again...hopefully i will have better luck with them this year...

5. aquaboy

aquaboy Surfer, sailor, swimmer!

6. Ninjaboy

Ninjaboy Taneuma

Resident [Any Field]
    I had that happen last year too. My friend who was put on hold for an interview his first year called and asked the chances of being taken off. They told him that they are very slim. His only chance would be if something catastrophic happened. So he asked, "If the entire state of California sloughed off into the ocean after an earthquake and all the applicants from CA were to die would I be considered?" They subsequently told him yes, at that point his application would probably be considered.

To make a long story short, the chances of getting off this list aren't good. Sorry to burst your very thin bubble. By the way, he got in the next year.

7. Chieka

Chieka Senior Member

I don't think that yellow postcard is a bad thing - maybe you should call their office to confirm. I did.

C

8. stercel2007

stercel2007 Member

yeah i got the same ****, while i have already had many top tier schoo linterviews