On "Hold" at UC Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bengal Tiger

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Applicants:

Has anyone in this forum received letters from UC schools saying that you are on "hold" and may be interviewed after first round of interviews are over?

Currently, I am on "hold" at UCSF and UC San Diego. Does anyone have any input on what would the best course of actions? As in, send in more recs or supplemental information or just sit tight on these neutral notices.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

BT

Members don't see this ad.

i too have just received an "on hold" from UCSF-my number one choice!!! Anyone have suggestions on what to do!?!????!?!

i would just sit tight. i have been sending some schools letters to update them on stuff i have been doing such as coursework or publications or abstracts. if you do send something, don't be pushy. i am on hold at UCSD. i heard that basically means you wait until May to get a letter that you are not going to be interviewed. i hope that's not the case, but that's just what i heard, who knows though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not think it would be worth sending in more LOR. I was told at this school that they average all of the LOR together when coming up with a composite LOR score. Hopefully you had your best LOR sent in first.

Keeping them up to date on what you are doing might be worthwhile, but I do not know if it helps one way or another in the long run.

Patience is very difficult to exercise :)

I would send a short 1 page letter detailing your recent activities as well as send them an updated transcipt.