Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

On "Hold" at UC Schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Bengal Tiger, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Junior Member

Hey Applicants:

Has anyone in this forum received letters from UC schools saying that you are on "hold" and may be interviewed after first round of interviews are over?

Currently, I am on "hold" at UCSF and UC San Diego. Does anyone have any input on what would the best course of actions? As in, send in more recs or supplemental information or just sit tight on these neutral notices.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

BT

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sjordan

sjordan Member

i too have just received an "on hold" from UCSF-my number one choice!!! Anyone have suggestions on what to do!?!????!?!

4. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member

i would just sit tight. i have been sending some schools letters to update them on stuff i have been doing such as coursework or publications or abstracts. if you do send something, don't be pushy. i am on hold at UCSD. i heard that basically means you wait until May to get a letter that you are not going to be interviewed. i hope that's not the case, but that's just what i heard, who knows though.

5. EpiII

EpiII Senior Member

I do not think it would be worth sending in more LOR. I was told at this school that they average all of the LOR together when coming up with a composite LOR score. Hopefully you had your best LOR sent in first.

Keeping them up to date on what you are doing might be worthwhile, but I do not know if it helps one way or another in the long run.

Patience is very difficult to exercise :)

6. megkudos

megkudos Senior Member

I would send a short 1 page letter detailing your recent activities as well as send them an updated transcipt.