On HOLD @ CASE Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr~Dave

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked, but the search function is disabled.

I've been placed on Hold at Case, and yes, it's very dissapointing. But I'd like to know what this means. I know they only accept about 1 in every 6 applicants, does everyone who isn't accetpted get placed on hold, or do they reject or waitlist any right away?

Also, does anyone know what the waitlist movement will be like in the coming months. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i hope im not misleading you and myself (i am also on hold), but ive heard that once you are on hold there is a 50% chance of waitlists and a 50% of rejection....i hope someone tells us otherwise

Thanks, not great news, but at least that's something. If we get on the waitlist, is there much chance in getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
pnasty said:
i hope im not misleading you and myself (i am also on hold), but ive heard that once you are on hold there is a 50% chance of waitlists and a 50% of rejection....i hope someone tells us otherwise

Really? I'm on hold and I thought it was the waitlist. Does anyone else know for sure?

Dr~Dave said:
Thanks, not great news, but at least that's something. If we get on the waitlist, is there much chance in getting accepted?

Waitlist moves quite a bit. In previous years, for a class of 160 about 450 were accepted out of 830 interviewed.

TheMightyAngus said:
Waitlist moves quite a bit. In previous years, for a class of 160 about 450 were accepted out of 830 interviewed.

I had no idea my chances were that good. :D You made my day.

the hold list is not the same as the waitlist...the waitlist will be determined sometime in april

on hold is not the same as the waitlist. on hold is a status essentially for students which allows them to see all their interviewed applicants before making decisions. they do place students on the waitlist throughout the year. once on hold they will return to review your application in march when they have finished interviewing students. from what i've been told, and i currently work in a case lab with case faculty members, the possible outcomes from on hold status are: accepted, waitlist and rejection. it breaks down to about 1/3 for each, however the waitlist can be as great as 1/2 of the on hold students. it is somewhat confusing but i hope this helps