On-Line Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

6-8 Weeks

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any on-line secondaries? I have only found two: Albert Einstein and Yale.

Members don't see this ad.

The only other three that I'm applying to that I'm aware of are listed below:

Baylor College of Medicine
UT Southwestern
Texas Tech

Washington Univ. St. Louis also has an online secondary but it hasnt been activated yet.

I remember USC having its secondary online.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you mean PRESENTLY AVAILABLE secondaries, or just secondaries that have been web based in the past. if the former, please inform me about which ones.

Both the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville have online secondaries. (plus, I hear they're almost identical, so I'll only have to write the answers once, then cut 'n paste) :)

Sorry to be vague, I meant on-line AS OF NOW.

Originally posted by peedah:
•Sorry to be vague, I meant on-line AS OF NOW.•

can you provide a link to Einstein secondary?
I couldn't find it.

thanks.

Einstein's is a PDF file that you can enter data into... pretty niffty.

HERE is the secondary application.

Michigan State University College of Human Medicine (their MD school) is.

uva and fsu have online apps...

BeckyG,

Do you mean the USC secondary is online right now? If so, could you post the URL? Thanx!null

Here is the complete list of schools with on-line secondaries. If you know of any more, please copy the list and add the new school at the bottom. We were keeping track of this on the thread about which schools want paper copies, but this thread makes more sense.

U. of Chicago
Saint Louis U.
Baylor
Albert Einstein
Tulane
Wash U.
Rochester - now OK to send secondary in light of their new revised procedure
Mount Sinai
UVA - need link, see thread about UVA
Jefferson
UT Southwestern
Texas Tech
U. of Kentucky
U. of Louisville
Mich. State UCHM
Florida State
Rush

Let me add one more school to your list SMW:

U. of Chicago
Saint Louis U.
Baylor
Albert Einstein
Tulane
Wash U.
Rochester - now OK to send secondary in light of their new revised procedure
Mount Sinai
UVA - need link, see thread about UVA
Jefferson
UT Southwestern
Texas Tech
U. of Kentucky
U. of Louisville
Mich. State UCHM
Florida State
Rush
University of Michigan (need secure URL link)

Originally posted by baylor21:
•Washington Univ. St. Louis also has an online secondary but it hasnt been activated yet.•

What do you mean, it hasn't been activated? I filled it out, submitted it, printed the certification form and mailed it in with my check ages ago.

Originally posted by SMW:
•What do you mean, it hasn't been activated? I filled it out, submitted it, printed the certification form and mailed it in with my check ages ago.•

Look at the date of my post. At that time, it wasnt active yet. Sorry for the confusion.

It has been active now for awhile.

Florida State doesn't really have a secondary application. What is on their website is their entire application. They aren't accredited by the LCME yet, so I don't think they can be a part of AMCAS. I don't think they can be accredited until they graduate their first class which will be in 2005. I believe they are accepting 40 students this year. Although they aren't a part of AMCAS, their online application isn't much easier. There is no save function so you have to input everything in one setting, and you can't go back to a previous page. Anyone know anything about the accreditation issue at FSU? Is there any reason to believe they won't receive their accredidation? Also, what's the deal with the clinical years? They aren't just sending everyone into underserved communities are they?

I'm not sure if Rush should have been added to the list, as there was a post about it that only stayed on for about 2 minutes before being deleted. Anybody else have any information?

I can't find a secondary for USC on-line.

Baylor, I apologize for my confusion. I hadn't really been following this thread, since the other one was so inclusive. You had me worried, but I just checked and Wash U. has my completed secondary on file.

Drako is maintaining a permanent site for schools taking paper AMCAS and schools with secondaries on-line. The link is: http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm
Everybody should bookmark it and use it. You can e-mail him to add schools to either list.

Rush does have their secondary on-line, as someone else posted on a new thread.