On my PS, am I making papercuts sound like a severed artery?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libraryismyhome

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
got the answers needed, so I deleted. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Put them all down if you want. However, whining isn't looked highly upon. Focus on your achievements and why you want to become a doctor (how your experiences shaped you).

I mean, it's certainly impressive, but you shouldn't make it the FOCUS of your personal statement. It should be mentioned, though.

props. you should be proud of your hard work

Members don't see this ad :)
does any of it answer "why i want to be a doctor?" a sob story for the sake of a sob story is not going to be read with kindness..

true, that's why this is only going to be one paragraph. I am going to talk about how much I loved volunteering at hospital and other places. And this is going to be one paragraph. next paragraph is about how much I love gaining knowledge.

keep in mind the PS limit is 5300 characters. 잘해봐.

I am looking at these again, and it's not answering the question about why I want to become a doctor. Then how do I mention any of these in my primary ps? I certainly do not want to whine or complain, and I also think a lot of applicant have taken this level of challenge in different ways.

My friend was from a poor family, so he had to work 40 hours a week while he was doing premed. He made 4.0 GPA, wrote 3 publications and got 33 on MCAT, and he is in med school now. I am just a spoiled child compared to this guy.

Perhaps I can put them on my secondaries only if they ask.

Last edited:
You could say that it taught you how to function under a lot of stress.

We have lots of people who can read/edit your PS. I suggest you get a wide variety of opinions.