On my way to Vermont..any suggestions!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by P60001, Jan 12, 2002.

1. P60001

P60001 Senior Member

I am flying out to Vermont tomorrow morning and was hoping anyone familiar with, or had experience with the College of Medicine could give me a few pointers. I have read interviewfeedback.com and done some other research, but I was hoping for some more personal experiences on how the interviews went and the overall experiences others had.
    Thanks-Rob ;)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician

Attending Physician
    The waiting room will be broiling. Just relax, take your coat off and know they crank up the heat to make you sweat. You'll start off with an info session about the school and the admissions process. Then some students will come in and take you to lunch in the cafeteria and then tour you around. Then you go back to the room and either have an interview (usually with two people at once) 15 mins later, or an hour or so later. Just relax and be yourself, answer their questions and ask some yourself - I asked about life in VT, what brought them there, how they like it, how they feel the curriculum holds up, about research and such. It's very congenial and not stressful at all. Good luck.

Andrew

4. irongirl

irongirl Member

Interviewing with two people at once is a little weird... I had a psychologist and a surgeon interview me. The hardest part was that the psychologist was pretty much leading the interview and sitting right across from me, while the surgeon was on the other end of the table. It was hard to feel like I was including both of them in the conversation. Overall everyone there was very friendly, I wasn't too impressed with the school, though. They are changing the curriculum all around, the school is under major construction, and they try to cram the basic sciences into a year and a half. After interviewing, I put them at the bottom of my list. No worries about the interview process, though. It's a bit odd, but not difficult. Good luck.

5. UCLA2000

Attending Physician
    Take a really big jacket! :D