kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
When we add schools it asks us if we will live w/ parents, on campus, or off campus. I have no clue if I would be considered on/off campus depending on where I go, because it seems that some schools may have affordable student housing that may be considered "on campus" and there may also be affordable apartments I can find on my own that are "off campus." Since I don't know where I'll end up living, does anyone know how the on/off campus designation affects our financial aid eligibility?

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
When we add schools it asks us if we will live w/ parents, on campus, or off campus. I have no clue if I would be considered on/off campus depending on where I go, because it seems that some schools may have affordable student housing that may be considered "on campus" and there may also be affordable apartments I can find on my own that are "off campus." Since I don't know where I'll end up living, does anyone know how the on/off campus designation affects our financial aid eligibility?

No. It just speeds up the process so schools can calculate your cost of living. For some schools you just won't know. You won't get the money until you need it so it's not a big deal.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.